We care, for the better.
A place for families, because you don't have to use drugs to be affected by them.
- How do I know if they're using drugs?
- Why do they use drugs/alcohol?
- Is it my fault?
- How can I cope with their behaviour?
- Understanding the stages of addiction and recovery
- Where do I get the help I need?
- Getting support for your loved one
Want to find a support group? Enter your postcode or town below to find a support group near you.
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
Get educated on the basics
Amphetamine is a cheap stimulant which makes people more alert and allows them to stay awake for longer.
What else is it called?
Speed, whizz, phet
What does it look like?
A powder - colour can vary from white, to dirty grey, even to bright pink. Sometimes comes as tablets/pills.
What is its legal status?
How much does it cost?
Around £10 per gram
What equipment do people use to take it?
The powder can be cut up with credit cards or razor blades like cocaine, or put into small papers to form ‘bombs’, which are then swallowed.
What about dependence/addiction?