We care, for the better.
A place for families, because you don't have to use drugs to be affected by them.
- How do I know if they're using drugs?
- Why do they use drugs/alcohol?
- Is it my fault?
- How can I cope with their behaviour?
- Understanding the stages of addiction and recovery
- Where do I get the help I need?
- Getting support for your loved one
Want to find a support group? Enter your postcode or town below to find a support group near you.
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
Making a difference
The experience and strength of families affected by a loved one’s use of substances can form a powerful voice for change.
Some families, after receiving support themselves, feel they would like to make a difference by supporting other families in similar situations. This may take the form of challenging the systems and services that provide or fund support, or setting up services themselves.
If you are in this situation, the following information may help you to make a difference.