We care, for the better.
A place for families, because you don't have to use drugs to be affected by them.
- How do I know if they're using drugs?
- Why do they use drugs/alcohol?
- Is it my fault?
- How can I cope with their behaviour?
- Understanding the stages of addiction and recovery
- Where do I get the help I need?
- Getting support for your loved one
Want to find a support group? Enter your postcode or town below to find a support group near you.
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
What should I do?
Knowing how to support a drug or alcohol user - and look after yourself - can be complicated and difficult. This is a good place to start.
Simply by reading this information you've taken the first step. People with a drug or alcohol user in the family often take months - and even years - to look for help.
Below are some questions families frequently ask us at Adfam - and some answers.