: Drugs, alcohol and mental health

Discuss the twin challenges of mental health and substance use

3 replies

Coke, alcohol and prostitutes...

Found out a year ago (on my first anniversary) that my husband (who I knew loved alcohol) also used coke socially. But this use went from social to regular while dealing with running a new business, coping with the breakup of his previous marriage and inadvertently viewing a nasty suicide.

He is always very open and honest and told me that while high on alcohol and coke his sex drive shoots through the roof and he's also been using prostitutes. He's used them 7 times since we've been married.

I forgave him when he told me all this as he is clearly an addict and has a problem (I know, I know... I am an idiot), but I really want the guy I fell in love with back. However, I've finally asked him to move out after he told me about a recent slip up when he brought one into our home for sex while his little kids were asleep upstairs.

He's started counselling and I'm giving him space to sort himself out. All his family and friends are supportive of me and are rooting for him to get clean. I don't know how I feel anymore. More and more stuff keeps coming out when I chat to him. Last night he told me he was smoking crack a few weeks ago and fell unconscious for 2 hours... his heart rate slowed right down and his body went cold and his lips were blue when he came round. He said he's surprised he woke up as there was obviously something wrong with the batch he bought. He nearly died! He also said he's smoked heroin in the past too.

While I love him to bits, I don't know what to think anymore. I'm not even asking for advice, I just want to know if anyone else has been in this incredibly crappy situation. :-(

replying to Vixen

If he wanted you the drugs wouldn't have happened believe me im an ex addict lost the lot but all my fault

1 reply

replying to Vixen

Agree... It's our fault... The drugs win all the time.. Because we have no self worth until we do you can't save us... Save you instead the best advice I can give

replying to Vixen

Sorry, that was meant to be a sad face emoji.... :-(

Please abide by our forum guidlines.