Adfam has delivered specialist practitioner training on families and substance use for almost as long as it has existed - since 1984!
In addition to our training for practitioners we provide the following courses for families themselves.
Setting and keeping boundaries
This one-day course enables the families of drug and alcohol users to set and then keep boundaries with the user in their life, and thereby reduce the impact of drug and alcohol related behaviour.
Coping with conflict
This one-day course aims to enable families coping with drug and alcohol related family conflict to both understand their conflicts and have new ideas about how they can cope better.
Understanding family dynamics
This one-day course aims to enable families affected by drug and alcohol use to better understand the dynamics in their lives as a result of substance misuse.
Adfam are only able to offer these courses on a commissioned basis - f you would like further information or to commission a training course please contact Omar Amin.
Information for commissioners
All courses are suitable for between 10 and 15 learners.
All courses are of one day’s duration and usually run 9.30–16.30.
Adfam will provide:
- a highly experienced trainer
- electronic copies of all course materials.
You will be required to:
- agree a date(s)
- sign a delivery contract
- promote the training and recruit participants
- provide a suitable venue, equipment and refreshments
- print all materials and have at venue
- submit an attendance list to Adfam at least one week in advance
- distribute training information to all participants
- £750 for small charities (income < £500,000)
- £900 for medium charities (income £500,000 - £5m)
- £1100 for large charities (income > £5m) and statutory/commercial organisations