We care, for the better.
A place for professionals to develop innovative practice, connect with their peers and put families first.
- The Family Angle
- Grandparent carers
- Bouncing back
- Criminal justice work
- Domestic violence
- Diverse families
- Somali development
- Workforce development
- BEAD (Bereaved through Alcohol and Drugs) Project
- Older Carers
- Opioid Substitution Treatment and risks to children
- Drug education and prevention
- Family Recovery Champions – Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Recovery Partnership
- Peterborough Kinship Care Support Service
- Relationship Realities: Couple relationships project
- Child to Parent Abuse Project
- Engaging young people in Newham
- The Alcohol and Families Alliance
- Dual Diagnosis
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
Drug education and prevention
Providing the facts and evidence on drug education and prevention
Adfam was a partner in the ADEPIS programme led by Mentor UK, providing information and resources on drug education and prevention. We produced two family-focused resources on these issues:
- Identifying and supporting children affected by parental substance use: resource for schools aims to support teachers and other school staff to ensure they are equipped to deal with issues of parental substance use.
- Involving families affected by substance use in alcohol and drug education examines the practice of using families as visitors to support the delivery of drug education and PSHE in schools. It advises both schools and visitors on the best ways to plan their collaboration so as to avoid common mistakes and established poor practice.
The full range of resources and guidance on drug education and prevention is available on the ADEPIS website.