We care, for the better.
A place for professionals to develop innovative practice, connect with their peers and put families first.
Support Adfam and receive our policy briefings.
You have successfully signed up to receive our policy briefing.
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
Upcoming conferences, training opportunities and workshops
Mortality Matters: addressing rising rates of drug-related deaths in the UK
15 May 2017
Addaction will be hosting a one day national conference in Leeds to examine the issues surrounding the recent increases in drug related deaths across the UK. Featuring leading cross-sector expertise, the event will also provide an opportunity to discuss solutions to reduce this trend.
By attending the event, delegates will:
- Have a comprehensive overview on the prevalence and causes of drug related deaths
- Understand the role of drug services in ensuring the rate of drug related deaths begins to reduce
- Hear the latest research from the ACMD and PHE
- Explore the unique drug policy approach in Portugal, including implementation and outcomes
- Understand how drug related deaths in prisons is being tackled, and what new trends are emerging in relation to NPSs
- Hear about a brand new online initiative from PHE capturing drug harms
Leeds Marriott Hotel, 4 Trevelyan Square, Boar Lane, Leeds LS1 6ET