We care, for the better.
A place for professionals to develop innovative practice, connect with their peers and put families first.
Support Adfam and receive our policy briefings.
You have successfully signed up to receive our policy briefing.
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
State of the Sector 2017: Beyond the Tipping Point
18 Dec 2017
Adfam, on behalf of the Recovery Partnership, is delighted to launch State of the Sector 2017 (pdf).
This is the fourth in the series of reports written about the drug and alcohol treatment sector in England. For 2017 we have taken a more narrative approach, focusing primarily on interviewing key stakeholders and highlighting their experiences in the sector, current concerns and thoughts for the future.
We have found that our treatment system has moved beyond the tipping point identified last year into worrying territory.
Our key findings:
- The potential of the sector to absorb funding cuts through efficiency savings has been exhausted
- Service capacity continues to be eroded
- Only central government intervention will protect the sector from further cuts
- Service models must continue to evolve
- Commissioning capacity and practices remain of great interest and concern