We care, for the better.
A place for professionals to develop innovative practice, connect with their peers and put families first.
- Adfam training
- Regional activity
- Guidance and protocols
- Outcome Measurement
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
Course 1: Families, drugs and alcohol: an introduction
This one day course is for all practitioners who work with adult family members affected by drug and/or alcohol misuse. It is accessible to workers without existing knowledge of the topic and covers both the background knowledge and skills necessary for effective practice.
Length: 1 day
Price: For commission only
By the end of the training learners will:
- Recognise the potential impact of substance use on families
- Identify behaviours associated with someone who cares for a substance user
- Identify the work they undertake with family members and the types of interventions they currently use
- Identify the best ways families can support each other at various stages of the ‘Cycle of Change’
- Consider the effectiveness of brief interventions models and their use with family members
- Explore a number of commonly used brief interventions models
- Consider how to utilise the techniques they have learnt in their practice with families
This course is suitable for between 10 and 15 learners.