We care, for the better.
A place for professionals to develop innovative practice, connect with their peers and put families first.
- Adfam training
- Regional activity
- Guidance and protocols
- Outcome Measurement
On Twitter? Get up to date information directly to your feed. Follow @AdfamUK.
Course 3: Children, parenting, families, drugs and alcohol
This one day course will be of benefit to any practitioner who wishes to gain both a basic insight into the issues surrounding parental substance misuse and safeguarding, together with an opportunity to practice some skills in dealing with parents who are problematic drug/alcohol users.
Length: 1 day
Price: For commission only
By the end of the training learners will:
- Understand what constitutes ‘good enough’ parenting
- Understand how problematic drug and alcohol use by parents may cause risk to their children
- Be able to identify and minimise risks posed by Opioid Substitute Therapy medications prescribed to parents or carers
- Know how to make a disclosure to the relevant authority in line with organisational procedures
- Understand risk and resilience in children of drug users
This course is suitable for between 10 and 15 learners.