With support from the BBC's Children In Need we are working in Peterborough to support kinship carers and the children they look after. Kinship carers are family members, most commonly grandparents, but also aunts, uncles, siblings and others, who take on the care of a child because the parents are unable to.
- One-to-one practical and emotional support to those caring for a family member's child.
- Introduction to the Peterborough Kinship Support Group
- Regular information and skills workshops
- Fortnightly activities for children in kinship care
- Annual trips for kinship care families
- Kinship Carer's Guide to Peterborough (pdf)
- Client Leaflet (pdf)
- Referral Criteria (pdf)
- Referral Form (word doc)
You can also visit the Peterborough Kinship Carers website.
For more information get in touch with Jane MacTaggart, Kinship Care Coordinator.