: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

replying to Danman83

Tonight I have had a conversation with my husband about how much coke he uses.

He has admitted that he takes it once a week not three times when he goes out but here is the shocking news he can have more than four lines in one night.........

I'm devastated as he really thinks he hasn't got a problem.

replying to Hox

Hi Danman. Do you mind me asking whats the best way for a family member to help you stop?

1 reply

replying to Hox

Are you the family member? Or the user?

replying to Hox

Reb... ive read your replys.. its your partner then..well... 100percent the user needs to admit he has a problem and that he wants to quit.. you can try as much as you want but if he does not want to. Your flogging a dead horse.. i asked my gf and mum for help. I bought a safe and i only used fri or sat.. and my gf locks my phone away in the safe.. i dont go out any more.. make sure ge doesnt drink alcohol as this triggers wanting coke. . If they want to quit. Help them as much as possible. He needs take up something to keep him busy. Make sure hes deleted dealers numbers. Watch some videos on you tube of louise clarke on cocaine. Its so helpful..ive started watching them today.. does he want to quit and admit he has a problem?

replying to Danman83

I've never taken drugs myself but my husband, the majority of his friends and some of his family do.

Our mutual friends don't partake either so he's not tempted or spurred on when we are out with them. Problem being, he's not interested in them anymore.

replying to Danman83

I've watched the first part of the video and its interesting. It could help us if he admits he has a problem. He is not there yet even though all the ailments that he has I have told him are down to the coke he just fobs me off and disagrees.

replying to Hox

I will watch it too later.

Thanks to both of u for sharing n the advice x

replying to Hox

Theres a few.. but watch crack/ cocaine part 1 2 3

replying to Hox

Hox, he really does need to admit he has a problem, i have and im doing this for me, the rest will fall in to place, family life will get better. But what i have learned is you need to do it for yourself. The amount of times ive stayed in bed saturday day because i had coke fri night and missed spending it with my kids, is all my fault. So if hes not admitting he has a problem. Maybe you need to make him aware of how bad it is. And then you have to make the decision.. are you happy staying with him as he doesnt want to admit or stop. Or do you need to think of number 1 and be happy.

replying to Hox

He won't admit it until something bad happens to him I'm sure. He has ruined our relationship. He knows how bad things are for me but he's ok. So thats alright with him. He has become selfish. I'm trying to do things on my own but it's hard after all these years of constantly being together.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.