: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

replying to Danman83

I'm going to have to start treating myself to take my mind of the situation. Like you say he's putting money up his nose. What a waste.

1 reply

replying to Hox

Make sure you do and make sure you show him your happy and enjoying life.

And go out with your mates for drinks and meals. Im guilty as sin wasting money. But my kids have got everything they needed. But that money could of gone on my kids . So its not good at all. Get youself a new outfit and get in town with a mate this weekend!

1 reply

replying to Hox

he does this once a month ish - he went to the pub from work last night, which is a no go, he hasnt done that in months, he called me after an hour crying saying hes done it again. All his friends do it casually. He has never been a drug taker, he finally admitted he had a problem last night, he said its like when its there and offered to him its an angel devil situation and the temptation is too much, alcohol is a no go when youre an addict, it lets barriers down.. I cant leave him, not like this. Seeing him broken, crying, a strong man.. I feel so sad for him and me as its putting me through hell.

replying to Danman83

I agree I do need to go out and do these things but I worry what he'll do if I am not around.

1 reply

replying to georgia26

Its exactly same what ive been doing. Im not defending him, but it is hard and i have not had it since new year. Big thing is hes admitted it now. He needs to learn about emotion, and mental and physical relapse now. To avoid it.. and make him watch the 1st part of louise clarke on cocaine on you tube. He will realise then hes an addict. If you need any help just ask ive learned a lot how to quit.. its just sticking to it.. and my opinion your doing right thing staying and helping him out.. if my gf kicked ne out now, id get a flat, i work hard aswell, and ill be getting coke every weekend. Then coming down on my own in flat all by myself. God know what id do. Am so gratefull my gf helps me. Just be on his case and keep telling him be positive.. theres an app called pocket rehab.. its were people have all sorts of addictions and its like a chat room and you all help each other out its great.and tell him dont be ashamed of downloading it. Up 2 u tho.

replying to Hox

Hes definitely going through downers if hes crying. Its all to do with dopamine in your brain. If you know how that works?

replying to Danman83

thank you so much, I will tell him to watch her videos. It is hard isnt it, I want to support him. I cant leave him, he cant help it. It is hard though as I am suffering because of it - its definitely anxiety relapses that causes it for him. Does sound similar to what youre doing, glad I have your advice, the hardest thing is, he drank last night and didnt do no coke, then got home and snuck out the front and did it even know he knew how upset I was.. hes so selfish when he drinks or sniffs coke, its heartbreaking

1 reply

replying to Hox

Its a disease at end of the day. I wish i never touched the stuff. Airplance pilots and docs are addicted to it my sister said who works with councillors.

Ive been watching russell brands videos on you tube about his heroin and crack addiction and recovery. Thats good. . But gods honest truth now its gonna be hard for him.. he needs cut everything off to do with coke. Dont even go down streets were you get it from. Mates the lot.. they say you need find mates who dont do it! Good luck with that lol. My gf takes my phone off me at the weekends and puts it in a safe lol

replying to Danman83

I'm surprised how many folk do take it. I cannot see my other half keeping clear of his coke mates. He has had mates that don't indulge but they are of no interest.

1 reply

replying to Hox

Just have see how it goes. And you think of yourself if he is. Im having dreams at the mo about using.. so i know my brain wants it. So im readin and watching extra coke addiction recovery things and told me gf to be extra strict with me. You need to know when its coming and nip a bud in it early. Coz when its mental relapse. Thats when its hard.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.