: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

replying to Hox

Obviously I know its not just that easy. Ive just started gettin help from Icarus trust. They are awesome. They have arranged weekly phone calls for me at the minute with a worker. Maybe this could help you too?

replying to Hox

I have stood by him and I will continue to do so, I haven't faltered in my support over the court case.

He does need time locked away for us both, hopefully to get the chemicals (if there are any) out of his system and I know he's in a safer environment. It's a horrible thought though when you've previously wanted him proven innocent so that we could carry on our lives without the dark cloud hanging over us.

1 reply

replying to Hox

It might be the best thing for him to be honest. How long is he looking at doing? youre so brave, you may realise when he goes away that you are better off without him to be honest. You dont deserve it. xx

replying to REB

I will get in touch, I'm glad they are helping you out. They might be able to help me too.

replying to georgia26

Between two and eight years. I have tried to be brave and have been supportive but after the cocaine abuse I feel like all this has been thrown in my face. I feel humiliated. Folk have known how much I have been there for him only to be cast aside at the last hurdle. I know the treatment dished out is not deserved.

1 reply

replying to Hox

It’s like I wrote this message myself. Super concerned bout my hubby what stared couple of times a year but I think it’s more of a daily thing now to be honest. I had a proper heart to heart with him about everything n he promised me he’d stop or if he did any he would be honest. I honestly don’t think he has stopped, constant running nose, head aches, numerous trips to toilet (& always goes to one furthest away from where I am) zero appetite, drinking & seems to avoid spending time with me n kids as much as possible, and if he dies not for long & it’s all rushed like he’s trying to appease me.

Does this sound like someone who is still on it? Cause I’m going stir paranoid mode atm :(

replying to Jk3

It sounds like he's still on it. My 'husband' told me that he was embarrassed sniffing coke. It didn't stop him though, he just did it when I wasn't there or in another room.

'Husband' was constantly complaining he'd got flu. Sneezing, runny rose, nose bleeds, constantly on the toilet with blood in his stools. Head aches and aching bones.......

It was the court case that changed his habit though. He told me that he was focusing on negative thoughts and he would go out get drunk to forget his troubles. The coke would come out so that he could stay out all night.

Has your hubby had something happen for him to up his usage or is it the friends he chooses to be around?

1 reply

replying to Hox

No nothing has happened to him, he started using from once or twice a year to more n more frequent. I just feel I am married to another person. Today is his day off n right now he’s sound asleep anyone would think it’s him that’s been up feeding baby every 3 hrs in the night. I’m sorry don’t mean to play victim card, but I have no one I can talk to about this and it’s just nice to get it out without feeling judged.

replying to Jk3

Same here once or twice a year, then he got greedy.

I too felt like I was married to a completely different person, unrecognisable. It was shocking the changes in him.

My husband too would sleep all day after his all night sessions.

I don't think you are playing the victim at all, you are suffering through all of this. I found support on here when I had nowhere else to turn. People that understood what I was going through.

1 reply

replying to Hox

Thank you, it’s nice to sort of talk to people that understand and r experiencing the same. Can’t talk to my family or friends cause they will hate him n b very judging.

I wanna to him again n let him know how I’m feeling but I know he just gonna tell me he no longer doing it wen I know deep down he is, then he’ll turn round on me saying I’m calling him a liar n there is no trust. Think I may just bite the bullet just need to know wen.

Thank u for understanding ????

Please abide by our forum guidlines.