: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

29 replies

Lapsed after 2 month without coke :(

So after 2 month of not touching coke i lapsed. Ive never been so pissed off in my life. My gf wanted to go to a 60th party and i didnt. I said can you just not stay in ill end up having coke. She said you be fine and i new i wouldnt! But i did. And now ive never been so pissed off. I feel more stronger now not to have it again. I should of just stayed in.

replying to Danman83

I'm so sorry to hear this Danman.

Don't beat yourself up too much and keep strong.

replying to Danman83

Im trying not to. Just feel gutted. Because i know i wouldnt of had it if i stayed in. Thanks

replying to Danman83

You should!’t feel so hard on yourself Danman. Relapse is all part of recovery. I can understand your disappointment, but you have realised you mistake. This will make you stronger in the long run. Addiction is a disease. It takes a long time to recover. This is just a bump in the road. Pick yourself back up and continue on your journey. You have been clean for 2 months and you will be able to be clean for 2 months again. I wish you the best of luck. We are all here to support you on your journey.

replying to Danman83

It has made you stronger. You knew you would be tempted and proved yourself right. I know you are pissed off with yourself but it's a learning curve for you and the rest of us following you on your journey. You have done two months and know you can do it.

replying to Danman83

Danman you have done so well and you knew that there was likely to be a relapse. The really good thing is that it has made you more determined. You can do this again and like you said it will probably make you stronger and less tempted again. Remember you have been clean for 2 whole months. This is just a minor set back in your recovery. You stay strong and determined.

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Thanks for your replys. Its means a lot. I never even wanted to go out. It was my gf mithering. Ill just have to accept i cant go out like that.

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Hi mate. I feel for you, I’ve drifted into old habits and am pissed off about it but you’ve had 1 relapse in 2 months- be proud of that, I would be!

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Danman your posts have helped me a lot. I hope you’re having a word with yourself and get back on here soon as I know you’re helping other people. Think of the wider picture- it’s a glitch, that’s all- your not back to square one you’ve done really well remember that!

replying to Louise1974

Thanks louise. It means a lot that. I am just taking it as a glitch..normally in the past i would just eat shit for a week or 2, and not go to the gym. But im back in the gym last night and back to eating healthy. I keep having down moments but im expecting that. I really do feel like not touching it. I hate it.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.