: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

replying to Bella01

Hi

I am in a similar position only we don't live together.I only thought it was recreation until I left my husband then it all came to light.

Addicts especially cocaine heads are 2 people are you as thier partner are on the same rollercoaster.When they are up and when they are down.

It is absolutely heart breaking to watch someone you love be controlled by a substance.

He has to want to get help.

Nothing will work until he does.

I have spent so much time crying my heart out.Get out and live on your own if you can then at least you can bypass the comedowns and he can't spend all your money.

My heart goes out to you.xxxx

replying to Bella01

Hi Bella,

I'm sorry to read your post and see the impact that your boyfriend's drug habit is having on you. So sad that you haven't got people around you that you feel you can talk to.

I work for a charity called The Icarus Trust. We offer support to people dealing with a partner's addiction as we know how hard this can be. If you contact us I could put you in touch with one of our trained and very experienced people who would understand what you are going through. If you think it would help talking please get in touch. May be it would help you to feel not so alone.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website www.icarustrust.org

Take care and good luck.

replying to Bella01

Hi Bella, I know you posted this a year ago but how are things now? I feel exactly the same as you, I cannot tell anyone and feel trapped and lonely. I don’t know what to do, how can he get help? I don’t think he would talk to anyone face to face.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.