: Drugs, alcohol and mental health

Discuss the twin challenges of mental health and substance use

2 replies

replying to Dadict

Hi Danny

You’ve already done 5 month of hard work if I was in your shoes I would pick a date, make sure you’ve got some time to go thru the withdrawals after this date tho and just commit to it, you could go on tapering and feeling the way you are or in 4-6 weeks you could be completely clean and pretty much back to a fully functioning adult. It is hard but it will also be the best thing you’ve ever done for yourself and your friends and family. I’m over 2 years now and a completely changed man. Get yourself a hobby to take your mind from it and do some light excercise, walking for me was really good. I’d be happy to answer and specific questions. All the best mate and good luck

replying to Dadict

Hello im eva , im new here im day 2 of stopping codeine that i was taking after a 8 week stay in hospital , i was on oxycodne , gabapentin and codeine . I bust my pelvis . I have the shakes the cold extremities , anxiety , stomach problems , loss of appetite , does anyone know the timeline ? Is it 72 hours ... i cant continue with these anxiety attacks and headfog, i cant tolerate noise and its not fair on my children .

replying to Dadict

Hi Eva

From my experience the physical withdrawals are about 1-2 weeks and the headfog and anxiety gets a lot easier from about 4 weeks I know that seems a long time but it’s 4 weeks vs the rest of your life. It isn’t fair on your kids but neither is you been dependant on this drug, fight thru it for the next few weeks and you will be a whole better person. I hope you manage it, good luck

replying to Dadict

Hi Eva

From my experience the physical withdrawals are about 1-2 weeks and the headfog and anxiety gets a lot easier from about 4 weeks I know that seems a long time but it’s 4 weeks vs the rest of your life. It isn’t fair on your kids but neither is you been dependant on this drug, fight thru it for the next few weeks and you will be a whole better person. I hope you manage it, good luck

1 reply

replying to Dadict

Hi Eva

replying to Dadict

If you only took it for 8 weeks maybe your withdrawals won’t be as severe or long lasting, I was taking it for 10 years

replying to Dadict

Im just scared i wont lie ... i feel like a monster to my kids and the headfog is doing me in .. x

replying to Dadict

The headfog and the fear is due to the lack of dopamine (feel good chemical) in your brain at the moment, you brain has conditioned itself to release dopamine when you take codeine and now you’ve stopped taking them your brain is trying to figure out how to release it again naturally. Try to get out of the house with the kids even if you don’t feel like it, exercise releases dopamine and it will take your mins off it and your kids will enjoy themselves spending time with Mammy. Don’t give up

replying to Dadict

Thanks your the first person Iv spoken to who seems to understand.

replying to Dadict

Can I ask a question i have been taking solphadine max for about 3 4 months I usually take about 20x12.5mg a day it dont seem alot but in 1 go I want to get off them everytime I try my belly hurts so much and have a yellow runny stool sorry for the detail and then my body hurts so much feel like I can't carry on what can I do to help me get off these horrible things. Would it be good to try just take 2 when I start feeling the pain in my body and toilet troubles. Im tired of going out with my family knowing if I havnt had them then I am going start needing toilet then there is the chronic pains. I want to stop so much will lower dosage help me conqure these feelings

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.