: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

6 replies

Ex partners a coke addict

So I was in a relationship with him for 12 years 2 little boys I’ve had to raise alone due to him not being around. He always been a cannabis use since I met him but the past 3 years he took to coke everyday then most then every weekend then it stops then he goes bad again, he lies about everything he’s cheated on me numerous times all his family hate me because I’m the only one who keeps him sane and doesn’t allow him to have his drugs around me or my kids they all allow it so we don’t get on which causes another big problem with us being together, my family don’t get on with him because of what he’s done to me, it’s caused me pain heartbreak depression I’m seeing a counsellor myself who said maybe talking to other people going through the same might help me. I just blame myself like something must be up with me for him to cheat and lie and choose drugs over me and the boys?!

1 reply

replying to CJJ93

Theres nothing up with you at all or your kids. Its clear as day the coke comes 1st. When it gets a hold of you when your having it everyday.. nothing else matters apart from coke im afraid. Im doing my best to stop im using roughly once a month and i hate the stuff. But it sounds like you are best off out of there and away from his family. Just try and stay positive. And dont ever go back.

1 reply

replying to CJJ93

Like Dan says there is nothing wrong with you. Don't blame yourself you didn't force him to use the stuff.

I can understand the heartbreak and depression, a lot of us have been there with our other halves. We have to get it through to ourselves that it isn't down to us, we cannot stop them no matter what we do. There is no contest coke will win hands down every time. Lies are part of the course I'm afraid.

Look after yourself and your boys, try to distance yourself from him, his family the devastation it's causing. Hopefully then the depression will eventually lift.

Keep strong, I wish you well.

1 reply

replying to CJJ93

So are you not with him at all now?

1 reply

replying to CJJ93

I can understand your family not liking him, you can't expect them to. He has in their eyes chosen drugs over you, his family. We do know it's not as easy as that though, there is always something that triggers an addiction. That is not an excuse though.

I'm still heartbroken now, I don't think I will ever get over what cocaine has done to us as a loving couple and to our families. Our families were so close.

1 reply

replying to Hox

Yes my family were really close with him, & time after time given him chances to prove he’s going to change but failed every time of course. His family haven’t ever approved of me, I don’t know why because I have done nothing but try and help there son but it’s always my fault you see in his and there eyes. I’ve had no contact now with him neither have the kids since Sunday everydays been a a struggle but it is getting easier it’s the night time when I’m alone and kids are asleep that gets me though

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.