: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Keep strong and motivated. Have you tried hot yoga?

1 reply

replying to Laura13

It's upsetting isn't it. I guess he is doing the right thing by focusing on himself to help himself hopefully so that he can be a better person for you.

Mine is apparently depressed and unable to work, void of any emotions and is still in blame mode. I think he is probably still actively using.

I feel like I'm in a nightmare I can't wake up from.

I go to Al Anon meetings now as I need support and to learn how to focus on me and not his addiction. I got so caught up in it all and shouldered the blame that I lost who I am.

I have developed an anxiety issue and lost so much weight.

Everyone says I deserve better, but before this drug took hold he was a nice fella, partner and father.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

I'm hoping he's going to speak to me again it's hard love I know. I tried getting him help for ages but he wasn't ready himself to take action on it but now he is but he's cut contact with me so I can't support him. I hope he comes back to me and proves he's a better person now and we can live a normal life without me constantly worrying about him xx

1 reply

replying to Laura13

I kind of get that they need to get away to focus on themselves, but I do wonder why they walk away from the people they love and care for. Could be guilt, undeserving, or even the "trigger of pleasure" who knows.

I hope he does communicate with you soon so you aren't left in limbo. And you deserve a healthy life just hope you two can get that together.

Mine is on another planet at the moment so far away from my lil family.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

No but i tried a bit of normal yoga in my room tonight and my daughter kept on coming in my room laughing her head off.. so ill try when shes not watching lol. But im open to anything. I listen to binary beats as well with my headphones in.. that helps with meditation and other things.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

I know love I'm confused by it all too I just love him and I know he loves me. Luckily he's never done harm to me or anyone else or done anything bad like stealing or cheating or something against the law he was always open to talking about his problem so I was never in the dark. He spoke to me last Monday about getting of it and taking time of work I just thought I was going to be included xx

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Micheal sealey is good for meditation check him out. Also acupuncture is meant to be good for deep relaxation. Sounds like you're really into self care which is what it's all about

1 reply

replying to Laura13

Well if he spoke with you then that's a little bit of him including you init.

Mine was loyal for 22 years, great man and we had it all. Holidays three times a year good jobs etc to this nightmare. Sounds like he is trying to include you. I get the odd message about the kids that's it. Even got a message asking if we should buy joint birthday presents for the kids which is weird being as though we're separated. Wished he'd just communicate but in truth I don't think he can forgive himself for cheating on me. He hated guys that did that as his mum cheated on his dad and he held firm beliefs about it then he did it to me. . Gutted how we went from the cute couple to this. We was honestly a couple you'd not have thought we'd been together so long as we held hands on the sofa at night and cuddled in public still.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

Aww I feel for you hun I'm struggling too I know he's doing it for himself and I admire that it's just hard when they isolate away from you. He included me in stuff and always did it's just the hurt he caused me to walk away that's what's hard for me not knowing if it's for good or wheather he did it to concentrate on himself and then be a better person for me. My heads all over the place xx

1 reply

replying to Laura13

Personally I'd say he is considering you which is pretty positive. I reckon he'll come back to you. Seems honest enough and upfront which is good.

If it's meant to be then he'll be back. Keep strong and hold onto hope. It's really all we have left.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.