: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

replying to Kel1

Thanks love I really needed to hear that. Hopefully your husband will admit he needs help and get the help he needs. Why do drugs have to exist I worry for when my children are older it scares me to think that they could be introduced to them at high school xxx

1 reply

replying to Laura13

Anytime. Keep me updated and take care of yourself.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

Im doing my best its just hard. And i get embarrased for using it and how i am with it. So it feels awkward doing all these things near my gf. But its for the best i guess

replying to Kel1

I understand totally. Were expecting our first 2 grandchildren this summer. I don't want them around him and his stupid addiction. Its embarrassing he has a cold everywhere we go... He looks nothing like the man I married. He doesnt see anything wrong when in reality I'm married to an addict who refuses to get help. I want a divorce but im afraid he'll hurt me if I leave. I'm so glad I found this group...????????

2 replies

replying to Kel1

How do you walk away when they wont admit they have a problem?? He refuses to get help because he says he doesnt have a problem. If he goes 2 days without it the headache starts and so does the attitude...

replying to Danman83

Try Letting go of the embarrassment it's unhelpful and nowt to feel embarrassed about when you're actually trying to better yourself. Keep going and those thoughts will subside

replying to SilentPain78

Unfortunately denial is common with addiction. It's a problem when people start to recognize changes in behavior, mood and general characteristics. I think I walked away because of the behaviors - cheating on me, lying and mood swings. He became a shadow of his old self in the end. Didn't seem to care about anything other than himself. Used to shout at the kids for no reason and I became non existent.

Leaving my ex didn't seem to change anything which hurts alot because we wasn't even his rock bottom. They have to admit to themselves they have a problem then want to seek help. Motivation has to come from within. Unfortunately it's a waiting game now - it could go on for years which is the scary part because by that time usually partners move on.

replying to SilentPain78

Kels right im afraid. Your flogging a dead horse if he is not admitting he has a problem and needs help. If you want a divorce. Id go for it. You need to think of yourself, he does!. It will just make you ill in the long run. Just get a good support around you

2 replies

replying to Kel1

I spoke to his sister about the nac supplements she said they seem good so I've ordered him some and sent them to his house. He probs won't know there from me like but still supporting him after what he did to me. Hoping his sister let's him know I've been I contact but who knows would be nice if he knew I still care for him. She thinks he's will talk to me again I really want him back xxx

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.