: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

replying to Laura13

That's good you did that for him. I'm sure he'll be in touch soon. I guess you have to consider that he may relapse as well and prepare yourself a little if you were to rekindle your relationship with him. Try focus on yourself for a bit because I can imagine you're thinking all sorts which will affect your mental health and send you a bit stir crazy. Al Anon is a helpful fellowship for you - check out there meetings local to where you are. They help families etc affected by substances and destructive relationships.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

Thanks hun I can't stop crying xxx

1 reply

replying to Laura13

Oh no Laura ☹️. I'm having a tough day myself today, feeling really low again. I'm here for you and I'm sure alot of others are also. Be around good support that have your back. I'm going for a jog now to try to get rid of some anxiety.

It's awful isn't it - rejection sucks for sure, but remember he hadn't fully rejected you - he has said he will return hasn't he. Allow him time and crying is healing so let it all out.

I hate cocaine it just ruins relationships and when I get back to work I'm going to bang on about it and probably do more for families as much as I can.

Have a nice bath, cuppa tea or make a cake or something. Take mind off it for a bit. You sound lovely, it's the rejection and unknown which is scaring you I'm sure.

2 replies

replying to Laura13

I forgot say.. i ordered them the other day.. they are to get back your dopanine levels and receptors working again in your brain.. i ordered and all these help for this...Rhodiola rosea, N-Acetyl , L-cysterine, L-carnitine, L- tyrosine. Cost me about 20 quid all together. They help your mood as well and are good for the gym.

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Hi I ordered some last night and have had them posted to his house should arrive by Friday. I hope they help I wish he'd unblock me. Spoke to his sister she said they sound good. Just feel rubbish can't stop crying I'm grieving the relationship and worried sick about him too. I just want him to talk to me xx

1 reply

replying to Kel1

I'm heartbroken with everything and I'm worried sick about him hoping that he's doing ok and that he has actually stopped. I've got his sister's words that he has but I don't know for myself xxx

1 reply

replying to Laura13

One thing I have learnt is addicts are skillful in lying and hiding things so unfortunately it's all down to trust, however alot of what they say is lip service sadly. I've heard it all a thousand times and in the end you get fed up with the lies. I hope he is straight now, for his sake, but do take care of yourself.

I'm pretty sure if his off the drugs he may be depressed, in which case he will be battling through things, which will probably put him in a negative mindset.

I know it's hard - I think mine is on one this week as his spying on me at 3am in the morning on my social media. Who the hell is up at that time. Gear!!

Think I'm a bit angry with him today haha

1 reply

replying to Kel1

I know I've got his sister telling me hes not had any still and he's been downstairs to eat 6 times today normally he didn't eat much. When we was on holiday last year he didn't have any coke with him so he was constantly eating and agitated. But he then drove home 2 days later to buy some so it does sound like he was when he hadn't had any back then xxx

1 reply

replying to Laura13

Oh maybe he is on the road to recovery then. Good for him. Hope it continues and I a hope you've stopped crying. It's really hard isn't it.

1 reply

replying to Kel1

I know it's hard I've just cried on and off for past week. I miss him. The nac supplements should be here Friday so he can start taking them I'm just holding out for him to talk to me again just don't know how long it will be while he's coming of the drugs. Just clinging on to him loving me to want to be with me again and now he's sorting himself out to having a better life. I've not had any luck with relationships my husband cheated on me and left me for another woman so this is the 2nd relationship in 4 years I've had to deal with a breakup xxx

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.