: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

Help, advice, guidance please

Hi.

My partner of 5 years has smoked weed. I have be never liked it and it is the only thing we fall out about. He has lied many times about it to me and for the last year he keeps his habit private. When I try to address the fact we have no long term future together he gets very defensive. I know where he keeps his special tin and hate doing it but look in it often. The last few weeks there was no weed green stuff.. Sorry never smoked myself so not sure how to term it. He told me the other day he has not smoked anything and is trying to give up. Postive I thought. This morning, I noticed the tin still had no weed but large sheets of tin foil and cardboard. There is a pipe in there too but no papers or tabacco like normal. Please can someone help me understand what is happening here. I'm thinking he must still be doing something as the new additions to his tin were not there last week. So I'm thinking he may have hidden the stuff somewhere. Any help appreciated. I'm going out off my mind.

replying to EUN

Hello,

I can see that this must be very worrying for you.

Please contact us at The Icarus Trust if you would like some help as we are a charity that supports people dealing with a partner's addictive behaviour. Just get in touch if you would like to talk to one of our experienced trained Family Friends.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.