: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

2 replies

replying to Dfh

Thanks for that :). Hes probably relapsed thinking its 6 week.. he will be ok. But the fact is.. that's it now, he can't use or drink ever again or put him self in these situations.

Are you still together then? I don't know any groups tbh.. apart from the ones that help addict, but I'm sure they could help. I thought this site is mainly for the family.

So were in lancs are you from?

replying to SophieT

I thought that too - but I just kind of put it down to him not wanting to hear me upset and maybe him blocking out that everything’s ok. As I come across really positive in texts. To be honest I wouldn’t get upset now I’m passed that stage and understand this is the new him and that he needs time and space. I don’t think he’s using no as hell randomly text me and say just to let you know I’m 30 days sober which is what he sent yesterday out of the blue. He had his son all weekend this week he’s only 2.

1 reply

replying to Danman83

I thought that too - but I just kind of put it down to him not wanting to hear me upset and maybe him blocking out that everything’s ok. As I come across really positive in texts. To be honest I wouldn’t get upset now I’m passed that stage and understand this is the new him and that he needs time and space. I don’t think he’s using no as hell randomly text me and say just to let you know I’m 30 days sober which is what he sent yesterday out of the blue. He had his son all weekend this week he’s only 2

replying to SophieT

I’m here if you want to chat - you are not alone I’m going through a similar he’s 30 days sober however I wasn’t around my boyfriend when he used (We don’t live together and did it during the week) so I’m unsure on their behaviour but you can reach out for rants x

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Egerton way, so I'm stuck between Blackburn or Bolton for any sort of help groups.

Yes I guess he is letting his guard down way too soon which leads him in to false sense of security. He really does need rehab if I'm honest. I think now he has started to realise that and I'm trying to support him best I can to get the help so fingers crossed. It's hard though. He's a good guy but this has got a proper grip on him. And on top of that I need to keep reminding myself that I can't let it change me as a person if that makes sense.

replying to Harl

I guess people are different though. I'd rather be with my gf than away. But it keeps me on track if I'm with her. Otherwise I'd be literally getting on it all the time.

replying to Dfh

Ahh I'm in Bolton. I can't remember if I said lol. Theres achieve in bolton, but I'm not to sure if that's for family. But I guess you can check. I had an appointment last week, but its shut because of this virus. So any of them could be a while now. Bit shit really. But on the plus side, hopefully this virus puts a shortage of it coming into the country lol.

Ye I know what mean. I bet it's hard for you a lot. Its literally everywhere. You would need a good 3 month in rehab I recon to fully be ok.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.