: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

13 replies

Rollercoaster

my son started using weed at 14 I had the battle of my life to stop him and eventually after 1.5 years he stopped . He was on a £140 wk habit lost his education had no future . He managed 9months clear got himself set on an apprenticeship and started to sort his life .But it’s back , he has gone back and is more openly obvious about it even using in my home . I have two younger children that this is affecting and I’m a single mum absolutely at breaking point I physically and emotionally can’t do this again I’m so so scared , his attitude towards it being only a plant when it has completely screwed up his mental health scares me this time . I feel so alone and so so scared .

replying to KJU

So sorry for you, I know how you feel as a single mum I’ve had similar experience with my son. It’s so hard, but you’re not the only parent to experience this so I hope that makes you feel less alone. It’s such a scary thing for us but I’ve started to realise that I’ve done what I can for my son, he’s 20 now and has to make his own life choices and deal with the consequences. It’s horrible holding it all together alone though isn’t it xx

replying to KJU

I have found out today he is also dealing I’m so so angry disgusted and ashamed of him . I’m so low and trying to hold it together for my other two . I don’t think I have ever been more angry in my life

replying to KJU

Oh no, the problem is they start smoking a lot and then they start selling to be able to afford their own habit. I’ve been awake most the night worrying about my son, I can’t cope either it’s too hard x

replying to KJU

I’m so sorry sometimes it’s just nice to talk to someone who actually understands, family try but they will never understand the gut renching feel constantly inside . I have forgotten how to feel happy , and I trust no one his first dealer was a blooming grandma!!!! Sending a big hug to get you through the day xx

replying to KJU

Yeah no one gets it, people just say “throw him out” but it’s not that easy when it’s your child and you feel so responsible, no matter what their age. Same here I just want to feel normal again the anxiety is crippling. Yeah it’s everywhere sadly, just pray our boys will make it through and big hugs to you too at least we know we’re not the only ones in this horrific situation xx

replying to KJU

Yes I get told that all the time as he damages my house . But that’s only moving the problem not resolving it . One of my children has said him or me if only it was that simple x

replying to KJU

I have been reading these posts and I have posted something similar today, my son is 17 dropped out of school, no exams, not working and smoking weed, he has a 100 a week habbit or there abouts, demanding money and smashing up my home. It is affecting my home life, just not sure what to do. Should I talk to my GP about it. My eldest son doesnt go out any where he just smokes weed. He is aggressive and threatening regarding money. Its costing me a fortune but if I dont he destroys things. This is a terrible cycle to be in and it is never going to stop.

I am sorry to read such posts on here, it is very sad. The people who sell these drugs are to blame they get these youngsters hooked and pretend to be their friends.

replying to KJU

I’m so sorry to hear your story also . It’s heartbreaking. I have tried doctors , Camhs and adaction none worked . I believe they have to want to change . my son just thinks they are old idiots that don’t know how to have fun.

I believe the police are good at this age before they hit 18 ,but I have never been brave enough to report him .

It’s a painful living grief loosing the child you loved and watching this new one emerge . Keep strong and keep talking x

replying to KJU

Its really bad they dont see the damage they are doing or the pain they are causing to themselves or their family. I have reported my son for damage to my home the police came and he has calmed down slightly but he still damages stuff. I am not sure what to do it cannot continue thought and action needs to be taken. However, it what sort of action and as you say they need to acknowledge they have an addiction and want to change.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.