: Drugs, alcohol and mental health

Discuss the twin challenges of mental health and substance use

Partners an alcoholic

I have known my partner for a few years before we got together, it’s always been known he “likes a beer”.

We have been together now for just over a year and I didn’t really think I can take much more of his drinking.

He has no control over his drinking, he will promise to have a few drinks then he will have some food but he doesn’t his “sessions” go on for 24 hours with no sleep this can be week nights ect (over 80 units)

I really don’t know what to do for the best, we didn’t live together and i’m finding I make excuses to be in my own property knowing he will be drinking and keeping me awake all night, I have a very stressful job with huge amounts of responsibility I really can’t cope with his huge week night sessions..

This is his normal week.. Friday 6pm - Sat 7pm Drinking non stop music going ect

Sunday - sleep all day

Monday - Walk in door from work open a can, this session will continue until 3/4pm Tuesday

Wednesday- Sleep/ Day off

Thursday- Maybe a short 3am session

As much as I love him as time goes on I think I’d best walk away.. he really doesn’t see he has an issue

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.