: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

Life is unbearable

My daughter is using a lot of different drugs. She has been addicted to (street) valium for quite some time but has also started using crack and heroin within the last couple of months. I am totally beside myself with worry for her, she is lying and telling me that it's just the valium that she's addicted to and had only tried the other two but I have found the evidence that she's still using the others as well. She says she wants help and we have an appointment with a drugs service doctor next week. The pain and anguish is unbearable for me. I have taken on the role of caring for her children, the youngest is only 4 months. She barely looks at any of them and it's confusing and hurtful for them. I am in a living nightmare.

1 reply

replying to Sid

I can't really offer advice on this - but it sounds like a living nightmare and I feel so sorry for you. I am sending love and hugs and praying for you.

replying to Georgie1410

Thank you so much for your reply. I am very grateful to you for your kind words. We, as a family have a long road ahead of us but I hope that the outcome is a good one.

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.