: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

17 replies

Relapsed.

I've not been on here for a while due to having a couple of relapses. Last one being this Friday. Quite a few reasons why, and I've just avoided this site and a few other things when I shouldn't of.

I'm still in the C. A. and back on the programme and back into it 100 percent. Hope everyone is doing well.

replying to Danman83

Hi Dan, welcome back, we missed you. I was worried about you.

Try not to be too hard on yourself, I know every day is a battle for you guys in recovery. I see my son struggle through the days and nights.

So glad you're back, you know we'll support you here!

Stay strong 💪

Sending hugs ❤

Lx

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Hiya, good to hear from you. Thanks for that, I've just been getting fed up in this shared accom we're I am, but I get my 2 bed flat next month, so that will keep me busy till Xmas decorating.

How is your son doing anyway?

Thank you so much ❤️

2 replies

replying to Danman83

No worries, it sounds like you're getting back on track again Dan!

Son is doing okay, had a few wobbles, but is currently 4months clean, thank God. He's still very jumpy and anxious , and can fly off the handle over small things but he's more thoughtful and caring too. He goes regularly to meetings and is doing the steps again with a sponsor, so fingers crossed 🤞.

Lx

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Hi Danman83,

Been thinking of you and wondering how you were, it’s good to know your back, and doing all the things you need to do.

My Son has also had a few wobbles in the last few months, and his Mental Health has been terrible, but he is going to face to face meetings and getting himself a Sponsor, so moving in the right direction.

Keep going, one day at a time, take care.

Dx

1 reply

replying to Lindyloo

Hi Lindyloo,

Glad to hear your Son is doing well, pleased for you and him.

I really believe that going to meetings and getting a sponsor to do the steps with is the right way forward.

Good to hear from Danman83 too.

Take care Lindyloo.

Dx

1 reply

replying to Debc

Hi Debc

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Yes, im scared to mention how he's doing in case somehow I jinx his bit positivity- is that daft?

I'm pleased to hear your son is getting back on track too. Our boys are such a worry for us all!

So pleased Dan is back online- he's such a good support 👏

Take care Debs

Stay strong- sending hugs ❤

Lx

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Hi Dan,

Welcome back and keep strong.

All the best.

replying to Lindyloo

Hi Lindyloo,

I feel exactly the same if I dare to say he is doing well, it’s not daft.

Great to see Dan back on line, he’s such a good person to chat too.

Sending hugs back.

Dx

1 reply

replying to Lindyloo

That's good to hear, wish I was 4 month again. I felt so much better..

I got another sponsor but then we parted ways.

Least you don't have to worry as much. It's really good news that 😁

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.