: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

1 reply

replying to Mammyessex

So I’ve just tested him for cocaine , he failed why agree to it if he knows he’s going to fail ? He’s adamant he’s not touched it for 2 weeks

replying to Mammyessex

Hiya, I’m really sorry Mammyessex, it’s heartbreaking isn’t it , the lies are immense - I think my other half believes his own lies sometimes - they go numb to it . I read sometimes the tests aren’t 100% though , if that gives you any peace . I don’t know …I always know with mine just the nose blowing , the tiny pieces of rolled up tissue in bed that appear overnight .

I imagine your really stressed right now , try to not get too wound up sending strength and a hug , know exactly how you feel xx

2 replies

replying to Mammyessex

Thanks for getting back to me , he finally admitted to using after all this time says he can do it on his own I very much doubt it x hugs to all of us living this nightmare

replying to Mammyessex

Mine said he can do it on his own when I found out 18months ago , he and I have realised he can’t do it alone , he’s never been ready either after numerous relapses . Mine agreed to see a councillor and is currently one week clean . But I’m on pins because we’ve been here so many times . Can only take it a day at a time .Xx

replying to Mammyessex

I wish mine would accept help he’s honestly one of the most stubborn men I’ve ever knew x one week clean is great it’s a start and least he is trying x

replying to Mammyessex

Have you got any support for yourself in all this ? Apart from the forum I mean x

1 reply

replying to Mammyessex

Yes people have been great but it doesn’t stop the knot of worry in my stomach it’s just an awful feeling isn’t it x

replying to Mammyessex

Not at all , it’s a lonely place isn’t it . Even though it makes the situation harder I’m glad I have the kids to keep me focused - they keep me from falling apart . But then if they weren’t here I know I would of left a while back . We are currently dealing with the fallout of the spending on that $h)t . I’m so stressed , resentful and feel like a mushroom completely left in the dark . X

replying to Mammyessex

Mine is in so much debt he’s not living here I have a feeling he’s living in his van he looks a right mess it’s so sad to see someone you love like this but I’ve tried everything, my life and yours has just been ripped apart if you asked me last year if my husband was a addict I’d have laughed in your face x

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.