: Share Your Story

Discuss what it's really like with your peers

replying to debbieg2020

Hi lovely

Ugh it’s so draining I’ve also done a drug test on him before he said it was faulty, it’s so embarrassing honestly. The first night he stayed out and relapsed his excuse was that he got arrested for having a light out whilst driving home from work lol, an addicts lie, shameful and embarrassing…

It’s turned me into a paranoid wreck, I question everything, I re go over things in my head I drain myself… it changes you completely doesn’t it.

Oh gosh the fact his brothers lost everything because of his addiction is terrible, addiction can run in families… and you know I have sympathy to an extent for people suffering with this disease but it doesn’t make it any easier to deal with does it? Loving an addict is the hardest thing ever.

I feel like I’m checking out too but I love him to death because he’s perfect when he’s straight and off of that shit, it’s like a reoccurring pattern and circle we’re stuck in again, but this time we’ve got a 2 year old in the middle of it. He’s out for nights on end and blames me says he can’t come home because of how abusive I am when he’s relapsed - which is lies I’ve tried every way of reacting nothing works, I can get angry be nice etc nothing works he’ll still stay out and be vile.

I know they can recover but the chances are slim and it seems that I have to accept this or move on. But the thought of leaving him devastates me for my sons sake.

It’s a shame we can’t keep in touch properly to support one another, I climb the walls and feel so alone when he’s out relapsing.

Take care xxx

1 reply

replying to georgia26

Ye I remember you wasn't to sure if it was the same georgia. Lol

Hope your well. Ye he just needs find new mates that don't use tbh. And do some new hobbies just with you, weekends away together keeping busy. Things like that.

Well.. She kicked me out last year in May. I. Got 4month clean and relapsed had a bad argument, and said some nasty things. Which I own up to. I was living in a shared accom because of covid. My mum said go hers but I needed my own space.

But now I've got my own 2 bed flat done it up really nice. 6 month clean now. I work for the Bank Mon to fri. And I do care work on Sundays for extra money and it helps me with recovery, and I get a lot of gratitude from it.

Life's good now. Really good. I just think it was a toxic relationship and wasn't good at all. Really good to hear from u.

1 reply

replying to Danman83

Hi Dan, sorry to jump in on the thread but I had to congratulate you on your 6 months of recovery!

Well done- I'm so pleased for you - that is wonderful news, I often think of you and your journey and still keep you in my prayers 🙏

My son is still doing well too -thankfully .

Sending hugs

Lx ❤️

replying to Lindyloo

Hiya lindy, hope your well. Ye I've just been neglecting this recently and I shouldn't, I've just been mad busy. But it's no excuse to come on here. I'm still doing well, just gone a bit lazy with c.a which isn't good but I have no thoughts of using. But I need to up my game again as I no where it leads to. That's why I've come back on here.

Thanks so much for your kind words🙏

Really glad your son is doing well❤️ hope your well to. Which part of the UK is he from. Again. X

1 reply

replying to georgia26

I'm good thanks, if son's doing well- I'm doing well 👍

He still does his ca meetings, helping others now too. He still has anxiety and ocd type issues but the strategies help him through it.

He said the meetings are like medicine that he needs to take regular.

We're in Scotland Dan.

Lx

1 reply

replying to Lindyloo

Thats good to hear 👌

It's true that the meetings are our medicine and the things that go with it, because this is what keeps us clean. Sounds like your son has really knuckled down. And less worry for you which is good.

It's good that he's helping others now. I'm still on my step 4 lol. It's taking a while. Lol

replying to Danman83

Yes, he's doing well- and so are you Dan 👏

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing- your mum will also be so proud of your achievement too.

Take care ❤️

Lx

replying to georgia26

Thanks I will do. Yes she is. She still worrys like mad. But I guess it understandable. Have a lovely weekend x

replying to georgia26

Thanks I will do. Yes she is. She still worrys like mad. But I guess it understandable. Have a lovely weekend x

Please abide by our forum guidlines.

This forum uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

We use optional analytics cookies to help us improve our site by collecting and reporting anonymous information on how you use it.