Talk about your experiences with others.

Posts by Clara1


11 posts in 9 threads

17 year old daughter on the brink by

Dear Pat, I am sorry to hear that you and your family are going through this. Please encourage your daughter to call the Samaritans when and if she is feeling suicidal. They operate a free helpline on 116 123. If you think that she is in immediate danger, do not hesitate to call 999. If you're worried about an urgent medical concern, you can call 111 to speak to a fully trained adviser. Depending on the situation, the NHS 111 team can connect you to a nurse, emergency dentist or even a GP, and can arrange face-to-face appointments if they think you need one. It is also worth encouraging your daughter to speak to her GP about her mental health and substance use. - this is a link to a service directory should your daughter wish to engage in drug treatment services. Should you want more information on drug use, FRANK on 0300 123 6600 is a national helpline providing advice and information about drugs. MIND offers a helpline on 0300 123 3393 providing information on mental health issues. It is important that you and your family are supported in dealing with this very difficult situation. The Adfam service finder map will help you to find support for family members in your local area (here: DrugFAM on 0300 888 3853 is free helpline offered for those affected by someone else's drug or alcohol use, and Families Anonymous operates a helpline for families and friends concerned by a loved one's drug abuse on 0845 1200 660. I hope that this information is useful. Best wishes, Clara


1 of 3 posts