We use our policy work to try and influence long-term, strategic change for our beneficiaries. For instance:
We respond to government consultations.
We created the Alcohol and Families Alliance with Alcohol Concern to bring together organisations from both the alcohol and families/children sectors to consider and formulate new policy.
Our Chief Executive and Director of Policy and Communications are, or have been, members of the following groups
- The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs
- Commission on domestic and sexual violence and multiple disadvantage
- Mentor-ADEPIS steering group
- Safer gambling campaign advisory panel
- Manchester Metropolitan University's substance use and end-of-life care steering group.