What is Families Awareness Week?
Families Awareness Week is a new campaign that is being launched in June to help raise the profile of the 5 million adults in Great Britain who are currently negatively affected by a loved ones drinking, drug use or gambling.
We are encouraging everyone to show their support by doing five things to support the 5 million people affected by this issue. From signing our petition to taking a selfie, there are so many ways you can get involved - so please share the message and help raise awareness! Save the date (20-26 June), and find out how you can get involved.
How can you get involved?
- Give Five: Donate £5 to Adfam via our JustGiving page.
- Make Five: Sign our petition calling for better family support services and make 5 minutes count.
- Show Five: Take a photo show your support for Adfam.
- Take Five: Find support and help and take 5 minutes for yourself.
- Move Five: Run, Walk, Skip, Jump and take on the 5k/500m challenge.
Please share your Move Five challenges and Show Five photos on social media, tag @AdfamUK and use the hashtag #familiesawarenessweek.