Adfam is receiving funding from GambleAware to improve support for families affected by problem gambling. To achieve this we are working directly with GamCare, the leading national provider of support for people affected by problem gambling.
- We are developing a training package specifically tailed for professionals on how best to support families with a loved one with a gambling problem.
- We are incorporating problem gambling into our regional forum network for practitioners working with families affected by substance use and problem gambling across the country.
- We are running an online consultation to hear directly from families to find out what kind of support would be most useful and appropriate for them, to inform the development of a support intervention.
To learn more about our gambling work, please do get in touch.
If you are affected by the problem gambling of a friend or family member and in need of support you contact the following organisations:
- GamCare run a free telephone helpline that is open 24/7 (0808 8020 133) along with online support including live chat and an online forum for friends & family.
- Gordon Moody Association run an online forum specifically for friends and families of people with a gambling problem.
- The National Problem Gambling Clinic in London treats problem gamblers living in England and Wales and assesses the needs of partners and families. Contact 020 7381 7722 / email@example.com