17 year old son

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      sally2023
      Participant

Hello, I’m hoping someone can offer some support please.

My son is going to be 18 soon, he’s dropped out of school, has a group of new friends; his old friends don’t want to know him. He’s intelligent and had a bright future ahead of him.

He’s very angry and has turned to drugs to help him manage his emotions and anger.

He stays away from home most of the time, I don’t know where he is or who he’s with. He doesn’t return calls or texts.

He was a well spoken, well mannered loving son who has turned into an arrogant, cocky, foul mouthed person with no respect, low standards of personal hygiene and when he’s at home barely utters a pleasant word to me.

His dad is a recovering alcoholic and drug user who seems to think our sons behaviour is “normal”. Whilst I understand he’ll experiment it’s gone past this.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks in advance

tally2
      Participant

Unfortunately I do and due to the death of my sons dad when he was 15 I was too soft. Looking back with hindsight.  I now have a 35 alcohol & drug addict with psychosis.  Please get whatever help you can for him now , drs, therapy, anger management as it’s a very quick slippery slope. I wish you luck , be strong and firm x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE