37yr old mum,wife,cocaine addict

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      lou37
      Participant

Lockdown got to me and I was hiding it from my husband,I have 3 amazing children and I’ve let him down so much! I’m 12 weeks clean now but how can I make him trust me? Anyone else in the same boat?

crozza00
      Participant

We’ll done for getting clean!

I’m on the other side with my wife the addict. Cocaine, booze, and SLA. She’s been in rehab for 3 months so a very similar position.

Trust is the hardest thing for me, perhaps because of the addition of cheating. I believe the thing that would help me would that my wife would be honest 100% about the past, the present and feelings for the future. The dishonesty of addiction rips apart any trust that was in place and so anything that’s hidden, lied about and not being open makes things 10 x worse. Good luck

lou37
      Participant

I hope we can get passed this. He’s really trying

crozza00
      Participant

He’s a better man than me. I’m struggling so much. I wish my wife was as keen to make things work.

Just keep being honest, open, and truthful to yourself and him. Any little lie or hidden fact will be found by a partner that has little trust and so being honest, no matter what it is, will help heal the barrier. He’ll support you, he’s chosen to stay and try which should mean a lot, and so he wants to be there for you and no doubt wants to forget the past too, so keep doing what you’re doing but no lies x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE