5 years in

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      littlehappy
      Participant

So I’m 5 years in,

I’ve been his rock, paid his debts, I ran the house and worked while he spent our money on a range of drugs,

He led us both down that path but it wasn’t for me, I got out.

We hung on to each other through 3 miscarriages, I thought we wanted the same thing

But when corona hit he was in a downward spiral already, moved out and back to his mums where he and his best friend have spent almost every other day since getting wasted on beer and cocaine.

I was pregnant again, I fell apart when he left but I found strength and got help, I got into counseling and dragged myself out of depression, this time and I think because I was finally away from the stress of his screaming and anger I had a beautiful baby girl – she’s the love of my life!! And I’m the best me I’ve ever been. I’m far from perfect but I’m happy, I’m kind and I’m the best mummy. I think I always felt guilty so doing that stuff never sat with me well, and until I met him I had no clue or interest in it so I guess I had a lucky escape. I was always aware of the waste of money and how dirty I’d feel if my family found out.

He was high the whole time, even the night before I had her,

Skip to now,

I love him! I really do! I couldn’t hate him if I tried!, that would make this all so much easier.

But no change,

Always an excuse,

It’s football! It’s darts! It’s my day off!

He spends his wages the month before on tick, and betting and beer and then expects people to feel sorry for him that he’s broke but no one knows where his money is going but me, he skips food for 3 or more days at a time, I helped him put weight on but he’s back to skin n bones, am I the only one who sees it?

I see him maybe once a week so he can see our baby and he cries that he misses us but then follows it up by collecting his friend and doing more.

He drives my car because I want to help him and he needs to work, I buy him a meal if we go out when I see him, I encourage him to be around baby in the hope he will make some effort to curb his addiction.

He’s living at his mothers still, the slightest thing sends him on a crazy screaming crying and ranting thing.

Last night again, I had no idea he had left me and gone straight home to do that, i sent a text just asking why after such a lovely day together and why so quick as it had only been around half an hour, he lost the plot! Screaming and crying and punching, he called me in the middle of it, his friend was with him, watching him, I could hear his mum in the background begging him to calm down.

It scares me that he can’t see how crazy this all is! That his friend just watches on!! And his mum thinks it’s just beer! She blames me, thinking I’m the one winding him up, she has no clue that it’s cocaine that’s twisting his brain.

And today I wake up feeling so lost, I cry over him, I want him back but I’m scared he will never stop!

We watched a man he knew and didn’t like become homeless and beg in our town, we watched him walk the streets shouting and then we saw the headlines when he was found dead a year later.

He won’t even think about how this will be him.

I’m scared for him, I love him, I don’t want to walk away and leave him with nothing to live for but he shows no signs of even trying.

He said he misses me and our baby but I no the routine, he’s on a 2 day cycle and it’s destroying him. He even considers his dealers as close friends. I no there is no hope, I just wish I had a friend who I could confide in that could hug me right now as I’m mourning a beautiful man that’s killing himself.

redfox20
      Participant

Hi there my situation is so similar to yours I could if written it myself but I’m 10 years In 3 children and not long had my first baby girl 4 months ago my pregnant was hell he abandoned me countless times to go use and it resulted in me getting such awful anxiety that became worse after she was born. I’ve now cut off I only see him fortnightly to see children it’s been one weekend so far he is hot then cold and plays mind games I think it’s because I’ve got myself out of the situation and he’s miserable hence trying to drag me into it. I have felt exactly the same I’ve tried to help him felt sorry for him thought of the man he was before and I will tell you this will only make you feel more pain in the long run as being addicted to cocaine they don’t care only act as they do they think of themselves only, do you feel you’re putting all the effort in with him seeing you’re daughter? Is he a good father despite not paying for her my ex is a good father when he’s with them but acts like he couldn’t care less when he’s not. My best advice for your sanity is concentrate on you and your daughter let him worry about himself and you concentrate on you. If you don’t want to be in the relationship that’s fine too you can walk away put yourself first as if you stay sadly it will only get worse. If you want to chat I check in here most days, take care you are not alone x

littlehappy
      Participant

I have 4 girls from before him as well, when we met he was great, we did family stuff and went away with the girls, he left his job really early on to take care of my girls when I almost lost my eldest back in 2017, that’s why I never imagined he would throw away the chance to watch his baby grow.

He’s caring when he sees her but he barely does, I took her over to see his mum when a couple of the football games were on but he wasn’t really interested, only to show her off to his friend n then get on it, I stayed to watch with them n left straight after.

I guess I hoped he would miss the both of us but he didn’t.

He has a massive problem with one of my girls, I guess because she’s got her head screwed on and when he would use here he would be paranoid she was gonna walk down and catch him, she did occasionally to get herself a drink or whatever n he would go crazy once she had gone. Now he’s always super aware of her in the house, I told him, if he’s clean he’s nothing to worry about and I’m not going to force her to stay away, it’s his choice so he should stop.

They way it works on his brain is changing too, In the past he would be so lovely but now as he comes to the end of his ticket I could see him change, he would say the same thing over and over and make an argument, then he’d say stuff under his breath to me about how he thought I was failing as a mum, if I lost it he would act all shocked and make out I was crazy…I actually thought I was.

Once he left me I was broken, he never checked I was okay and this is a relationship where we were inseparable for the years before.

He was the one that made me believe in myself in the beginning, we were amazing, I’d never felt love like it,

I do love him,

I wish in a way I could stop,

I’m trying to focus on me, I’m quite an anxious person, I keep myself to myself and have literally a couple of friends, I only tell them what I need to because I don’t trust easy.

I am walking though, making myself get out the house n go a few miles, I do this with my eldest girls and it’s good….

I just feel like I’m in limbo.

I’m sorta sorry to hear your story but kinda glad I’m not on my own, why don’t they make effort!

I changed my life to work around him, I’ve been up in the middle of the night to get him to work and I’ve answered the phone at all hours when he’s been at rock bottom but when I’m sad he’s just annoyed, when I have enough he doesn’t care at all and there’s no way I’d ever risk loosing him the way he has me.

This morning I woke to see he had put a quote on Facebook about how he was watching his world slip away but once he was up it was deleted so I guess he’s feeling better after his last crazy episode.

He asked me to help him pay for a week away in a hotel before too, I’m glad I didn’t, he said he would delete his numbers and distance himself but I don’t think it’s possible, he has so many contacts, so many friends and avenues where he can get it again, people literally ask him when we are out.

I guess I’m too soft, I just love the bones of him but he’s broken and pretty nasty most of the time.

I guess his past holds a lot of his demons, probably why I care so much,

His mum has special needs so can be hard to talk to, his uncle killed himself when he was young, then one of his close friends killed himself on his birthday, his dad disowned him from the start but is now living at the end of his road – still not really interested. And to top it off, the father of his best friend who he does all this with died in 2019 suddenly in his sleep which he is struggling with – the reason he won’t cut this friendship and just keeps using.

He’s had such a bad life and for at least 3 of our 5 years things were the best, we were happy and I felt like we would make a little kingdom together, now I get anxious when I no I’m gonna see him,

im scared when im away that I will hear that he’s died.

It’s such a sad life, it really is the devil!

So have you moved on?

Do you have alot of friends you can turn to? Xx

redfox20
        Participant

I’m glad you are focusing on yourself it’s so important, I never knew in the beginning how bad it would break me and just how bad my anxiety would get before I cut him off completely and ended the relationship, it’s been nearly a year since it became obvious that even if he wanted to stop coke he can’t he has to have it despite the consequences I wouldn’t say he’s an addict but he’s certainly dependent that’s for sure he’s lost jobs though got into debt. Before this like yourselves we went on holidays he never let me pay for a thing always treated us to a better life and bought me luxuries and truly made me feel loved content and happy like yours though he has he’s demons mentally that’s why they turn to it unfortunately as they numb the pain. It completely changes them to a point they will lie to your face and cause you so much emotional pain and show no remorse it’s hard to disconnect the two the person before and the person now but I have to i get to upset thinking about the past and what the future could of been I just know me and the kids deserve better we don’t need the upset of worrying about if he goes out will he come home if he goes work will he come back. One time he went and got the weekly food shop left it outside my door then text im sorry I’ve fucked up the disappointment anxiety and anger I felt was unreal. I don’t understand it and never will I can only educate myself which is what helps me with dealing with he’s personality now I don’t expect much either best that way oh & I never believe a word he says. I haven’t moved on but I’m trying to I don’t know if I will trust another man again it will take a long time mentally to date again or get with someone but right now that’s the last thing on my mind. Just myself and the children are what matters he had he’s chances and unfortunately blew them. I don’t have friends my mum is a great support but she’s sick of hearing about him now tbh so I come on here read stories help others sometimes vent and it does help hope getting things off your chest helped lightened the load a little. X

littlehappy
          Participant

My sister got fed up listening too, told me to go away unless I’d left him so the last time we spoke was the day I found out I was pregnant,

I did my pregnancy alone which was sad, I have my kids which are my absolute world but it’s hard when you need to just say stuff out loud, or when you need a hug from an adult.

I can be really motivated and on top of stuff and just like that something gets me and I miss him again.

I no as soon as I see him I’ll be worried and stressed but I guess it’s those memories,

And our baby! She is the most beautiful perfect little thing and I just miss sharing all her firsts,

I did send him photos and videos a lot at the beginning but he made such a big thing, getting upset and emotional yet never coming to see her I stopped, it seems she was a tool for him to use and say how he was missing out so he’d get sympathy from his friends n family – none of them knowing why he’s not with me!

And yeah thank you!

This morning I was so sad,

I’m glad I came back on here, I don’t feel quite so alone x

redfox20
            Participant

Yeah people do get fed up with you it’s hard not to argue with them too as you feel so frustrated and no one can make it better nor give you the answers they just say forget about it and accept it not so easy when you have spent years with this person who you feel you don’t even recognise anymore. I too did my pregnancy alone our first daughter she was so wanted and we spoke about her for years and hoping we would have a girl together as he’s first daughter he doesn’t see he’s ex doesn’t let him even before the drug problems. All he did was cause me stress through my pregnancy apologised by text but never seemed remorseful really, it just felt like sorry was just a word in the end, he very nearly wasn’t at the birth as he disappeared 6 days before my c section he messaged said about it what I was doing if we were both going being the nice person I am I didn’t deny him it made the situation not the same as before my anxiety was through the roof as he wasn’t my protector anymore & it felt like it was just me meeting my beautiful girl, you get so annoyed looking at their little faces thinking of how someone could do this with someone so precious in their lives and not care I’ll never understand it. I won’t send pics or videos he made the choice to miss out he doesn’t even ask how any of them are I’m a nice person quite reasonable so it’s he’s issue as to why he doesn’t get in touch it’s clearly coz he’s one thing on he’s mind. It does help getting it out on here even writing it down anything to not vent at them because that would be like talking to a brick wall. Wish we could all have a WhatsApp group it would be our very own therapy lol x

littlehappy
              Participant

I can’t explain how much this site has helped me recently,

Don’t get me wrong, I am a total mess, I’m low and sad but ultimately I’m keeping it to me this time.

Before I would go a week or two n then crumple n message him,

He would talk back and tell me how I needed to change or allow stuff and then we would be okay.

He’s so desperate for me to join in taking that crap, he knows how much I love him and seems to think I’ll cave.

I’m not stupid, our baby deserves more than drugged up parents, I wanna be there perky n alert for every single second of her life.

Like all of us on here, im mourning someone who’s still alive but no longer the same.

He appeared again yesterday, no phone call before again,

I let my girls open the door and kept busy, I was polite and so was he

– that’s the point I normally cave because I love him so much! But I didn’t, he gave our little one a 30 second cuddle, made a few comments about missing out on her as if it was my doing and he left.

Yay me for not showing any emotion but inside im am empty.

He is my whole world, I have never loved anyone as much as I love him! Life is cruel!

Anyway, like I’ve always taught my girls, one day it will feel better, all those rows when I just wanted him out of my house, all those nights when he was so angry and said so many evil, nasty things to me, that’s all done now. I must remember the bad times just as much as the good because he’s not the same anymore.

I have no idea how it will play out, im secretly hoping he will wake up and change but in the same breath he’s made it fairly final these last few weeks.

A WhatsApp group would be so good! This is the only place I open up, it’s the one thing that’s getting me through right now xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hi you will have good and bad days try to to look to the future no one knows what will happen. Don’t give up hope but don’t expect anything either it’s the best way, focus on you and heal don’t back down or feel sorry for him, if he wants to change he will if he doesn’t you’re better off rid of him I know you love him I still love my ex but I love me more and I’m putting me first and my kids of course they are my main motivation reason to get up in the mornings on my bad days. We all want the happy ending but we have to create our own sometimes and just go with trust that time will help cliche I know stick to no contact that will protect you and your mental health. Only speak to him if he initiates anything or asks about he’s daughter nothing else, the less contact the better cut him off and hopefully he sees sense and finds a way to be there for you if he doesn’t there is nothing wrong you nor your beautiful baby girl can change never feel to blame for leaving you have one life live it! It will take time if he’s going to change and things may get much worse than better but at least you’re not around stuck in the cycle with him you’re free and you’re putting your needs first which is all you can do with an addict unfortunately. X

redfox20
                Participant

*Try not look to the future

cali111
          Participant

I resonate so much with your story. I’m so sorry you’re also going through this. My world started to fall apart in April when out of the blue my husband did not coke home for 3 days. Very unlike him, we always had such a great bond and told each other how lucky we were all the time. The couple of weeks following I never knew if he would be coming home or not – he had never done anything like this before. He was suddenly so mean and cold. Freaking out over the littlest things. Not wanting to talk at all. Then I found a message on our computer from one of his friends that said “the next time you do coke I’m punching you”. As soon as I saw that all of the irrational behavior that didn’t make sense suddenly did. But of course even confronting him that night he said it was only a couple times (over the course of 5 months?) and that he was done with it. I’m positive he was on it during our conversation. I have friends that used it in the past and as soon as that was out I can now pinpoint it. He’s now said he can’t commit to coming home anymore and has left me (he’s been out of the house 2.5 months now) Ive noticed several occasions since he left the house that he’s been on it. Just no denying it for me. Not himself at all. Our friends notice a change in his personality and he doesn’t talk to any of them anymore. He’s got a whole new life suddenly, a new job, new friends. I ask myself is it just a coincidence that in the same timeframe I find out your using coke (and it’s clearly a problem) is the same time you feel our marriage isn’t going to work? We were just talking about our future children weeks before this all came about… just really struggling to know if his brain has just been completely altered because of the drugs or if this is truly a clear minded decision 🙁

So hard when you don’t have any answers… He would rather sleep on a “friends” couch now than in his home with his wife. He calls and acts like this is all normal. It blows my mind. Thanks to anyone who reads this and can offer any advice. Xo

paul0572
            Participant

I can tell you that when they are in addiction it changes there brain massively . My partner has lost all her none coke friends as she has no time for them . Her only friends are the dealer and 1 friend she uses with.

Hardly sees any of her family any more . I think they push us away because they can’t handle the things they know they have done to us , the lies the stealing etc…they know deep down that they have done wrong , but this drug takes over there life’s . My partner never spent a night away from me in 8 years , until she started taking coke then she was always staying in friends .

She’s pushed me away loads of times before and I think she does it because she tells me she doesn’t want me to waste my life with her . It’s like she’s given up trying to fight the addiction and doesn’t want it to hurt me .

It’s such a hard position to be in as one day they want help and Want to change , and you finally think the penny has dropped but then a few hours later they don’t have a problem …..

cali111
              Participant

I have had the thought many times that he is just so ashamed of what he has done to me (I also found messages of him with other women – he was SO against cheating and was disgusted with anyone who would do this before). He hasn’t owned up to anything he’s done or apologized once. This all just happened so fast. Literally the month of April then poof he’s gone and done with me. Out of no where, no one would have ever seen this coming. And I went to his family as I was so concerned and I think this made him push me away even more. They don’t see a problem though as “he seems fine” when they talk to him… which is for what 5 mins a day? To this day he would act like I’m insane if I tried to accuse him of using.

Its helpful to know that you can relate to the all of a sudden they take coke they want to stay out at friends, the lies, etc.

Just crazy that he thinks this is normal… I was prescribed anxiety medication because of all this and he was pestering me to find out why I was at the doctors so I told him. He says “is it because your homesick??” Like he didn’t just leave me and drain our account or anything… just unbelievable and delusional. He seems to just be on another planet sometimes. Couldn’t even remember what city our lawyers were in, took our pillows saying he thought they were his dads? Telling me things and not remembering at all when apparently sober…

I know all sings point to the drug but still so hard when I’m the only one who sees it.

paul0572
                Participant

Yeah your absolutely right , I’m the only one who can see what’s shes doing . I’ve lived with her for 2 years while she’s been taking coke .

When I finally told her family it was a massive move for me to make and one I didn’t talk lightly .

But I did it because I wanted eveyone else to help as much as I had been doing on my own .

But it was easier for them to bury there heads in the sand and take her word for it intsead of mine .

Her dad said to me , she’s saying she’s only took it once or twice , and she’s only taking it because of your toxic relationship and I have to believe her over you .

I said , she’s a drug addict and they lie . Why would I make this up ?!

But like I said most of these issues are from child hood trauma from her mum and dad , so no wonder they don’t want to know .

They really lack empathy massively , it’s not there fault it’s just what addiction does . We’ve lost everything because of this and it’s like she doesn’t even know whats going on

cali111
                Participant

Yep same thing here, he says he’s only taken it a few times. He told his parents he’s unhappy with me. News to me because over the last 3 years we would tell each other weekly that we were happy. Says he’s been trying to convince himself this whole time… that we’ve never had chemistry. I’m sorry but why would you marry me then and cry to me just in March of how much you loved me? Just insane. And so sad. I miss my real husband and at this rate I’m very scared he will never come back to reality or give me answers that I deserve. I think that’s the hardest part just not knowing or understanding exactly what happened. Are you still seeing your partner?

paul0572
                Participant

Friday night she texted me saying she wants us to get back together. She still wants us to sell the house and she wants us to move to a different location. She said she didn’t know how to sort it out tho as she’s obviously told her family that I was the problem !

So we are in a bit of a mess because we have accepted an offer on the house now .

But the thing I’m struggling with is if I can trust her again . We went out yesterday and she was constantly on her phone then she went to stay in her nans . So she could of gone anywhere last night and done anything then back to he nans and I wouldn’t know .

As she doesn’t tell her nan when she’s staying with me cos otherwise they would ask her , well if he’s so bad and it’s over , why are you staying there .

There’s just a whole web of lies she’s trying to keep ontop off and keep everyone happy and away from the truth .

She said she loved me last night for the first time in months so I’m not sure if things are starting to hit home now or not.

She has told me she’s phoned the gp today to try and get into rehab . I’m not sure if it’s true or not as there’s no way of me knowing ….

That’s the problem I really have now is all the trust has gone , cos she’s lies about the littlest things now ….

redfox20
              Participant

Also they push you away to hide the addiction from you too, it’s mostly shame as they do feel it as that’s why they use to escape it. Any decent person wouldn’t associate with them so they lose friends and only keep people in their lives that enable or use with, their circles will get smaller and smaller until they are using alone and everyday and that’s when they may or take a look at themselves.

redfox20
            Participant

Hi thank you, it’s such a horrible situation to be in isn’t it it’s a living nightmare. I saw the progression of the addiction so it’s not been that much of a shock what has shocked me is the change in him he’s morals responsibilities all out the window along with he’s bills and everything else they only care about one thing the cocaine. It must of been such a shock to you to finally realise what was the reason for hes strange behaviour and disappearances a lot of people feel that they may be cheated on when they suddenly disappear I think at times that would be far easier to live and deal with and move on from. They do create a new life filled with people that enable or use with them or who they need they will never find genuine friendships or love like they had with us, that’s their karma. I think you have the answers in front of you I think we look for answers in hope it will change or fix things and sadly only they can change I’m learning not to react to him anymore and play into he’s hands as that annoys him more. Also trying to help doesn’t work as you may well know they only use you and push you away if you try tell them what to do. It’s a sad life I wouldn’t want to live it. X

redfox20
        Participant

Last year we’ve had problems been split since may this year so two months x

redfox20
        Participant

Hey how’s things? X

littlehappy
          Participant

Hey

I hope your good

So much suddenly went on with me I just had to disappear and get on with it

So…He went full circle, I’m still a little cautious that I’m not being strung along lol,

He was so caught up in using and didn’t care about me, I had got my head around walking away and even moved most of his stuff out of my house. One night after a ton of abuse I messaged him and said I was done and that was that.

Next afternoon I got a message to say he wanted to get sorted and come home, it was so strange!

Anyway I kept him at arms length and he spent a week or so alone as his mate ditched him, he then took me out for lunch with our little one and it’s gone from there…I think his mate has held all the cards though, I think that if he clicks his fingers my other half will go running back – I hope not but I expect it.

So now, he is not allowed to drink excessively or do any drugs here, all that stuff had to be done at his mums or else where, ive had a couple of nights where he has sat watching tv and then told me he has done a bean and I’ve had to watch him change which isn’t fun.

But so far so good I guess, I’ve steered clear of here because he is extremely jealous and before would take my phone and search all of it for anything at all – I’m not a cheat so I never batted an eyelid if he did because there is nothing to find but this site would make him flip his lid, the knowing that I’ve outed him and all he’s done.

He’s still managed to use quite a bit,

It turns out that a night away to “let his hair down” turns out to be a ticket or two plus up to 5 beans which adds up if it’s even once a week!

So He’s trying to come back, he’s on his best behavior, it’s strange because he’s so lovely and I wonder why he couldn’t just be nicer before but yeah

Im waiting for him to slip up and Im not going to be all love struck just yet as he’s done so many things but I’m here and Im giving him a chance.

So how are things with you? Did your man keep it up? I really hope so xx

paul0572
      Participant

On Friday night I had a text of my ex , she said she’s sorry for everything and she wants me back more than anything . But we have just sold our house and will be gone in a few weeks , she said she wants to sell it and move further away ….I had a phone call the following morning from a rehab center , she gave them my number as she’s had a new number and couldn’t remember hers . I asked them what time did she request the rehab info and it was 5am in the morning so she was clearly on it that night . She then came home that morning and slept from 10am till 10am the following morning . Woke up today an I’m the most vile person she’s ever known . Heart breaking really . She only cares about me when she’s using …. otherwise she hates me

redfox20
        Participant

Hi Paul, sorry to hear of your situation. I think at times when they are coming off the drugs the “come down” they do feel shame remorse and embarrassment some change their ways depending on how bad it is or how they feel. But they sure can manipulate and lie too so it’s hard what to believe I think in your case and in anyone’s actions speak louder than words and they need to change and prove it. I’d move away on your own find peace then see what she does if she changes then brilliant if not you know you have done the right thing.

littlehappy
        Participant

I just can’t believe how similar so many people’s experiences are!, mines just like yours, he called me one night, cried and begged, talked me through all our memories. He had found a hotel and planned to delete his contacts and go stay there for a week to get clean.

I saw him the next day and he deleted his numbers, he went out n bought weed and told me he would get high and sleep instead and wean himself off using that.

It ment nothing and he scrolled Facebook and picked all his contacts back up.

He would lay in bed off his head and talk constantly about how much he loved me, he’d get so emotional, but if I dare mention the time after listening to him for hours! (Because I had a job!) he’d loose the plot, just turn on me

He would wake my girls – teenagers!

And tell them all sorts of vile stuff about me, tell me how I must put myself about, tell me I was crazy and scream and shout my house down, next morning he would hide from them but still say it was me that provoked it all.

So many stories, none that are good

I’m really sorry your going through this too x

paul0572
          Participant

Honestly my life over the last 2 years has really knocked me for 6 . We were best friends not just partners , been together for 10 years . I’ve been there for her through 3 mental health break downs and been her rock for her everytime. She was so greatful for me sticking by her and it made us even closer ….then she started using coke to self medicate , then that’s when it all went crazy . The hardest part for me is seeing her but not even recognising who she is any more , her values are just so distorted and has done so many things to me to hurt me , she would of never done this to me in the past . Cocaine is the devil it really is .

littlehappy
            Participant

I want to cry reading your story, so much of it is similar to me, I really feel for you and the pain she’s putting you through.

It doesn’t look like many come back from it either which I’m finding so hard to take in, I keep stupidly telling myself that he will realize I’m drifting away and fight to keep us but he won’t.

I have never had a best friend and partner like him, first person I’ve ever trusted my life with, he made me the happiest I’ve ever been in my life, we thought the same, had the same values and humor, my girls adored him…and then in this last year hes given me easily the worst memories, he’s been the nastiest, stood over me watching me crying after a night of evilness telling me how I was nothing and he had wasted his life being with me, punching the sofa next to me as he spoke through gritted teeth….only to want cuddles in the morning and to “just forget it” after

And still it’s me that loves him, still waiting and watching.

I tried telling his mum as both him and his friend use in his room, she didn’t want to no, I told her the signs but she thinks coke is a scary drug and no way he would do that, a bit of weed maybe but not that!

She thinks it’s an alcohol problem…considering he guzzles crates of the stuff I can see why but that’s just part of this.

He gets high, drinks and bets all at the same time so it’s a triple whammy.

He now lives in a single room that stinks of cigarettes and beer, I’m in our lovely house with the children being mum and dad. He’s chucked a good life away and his whole world just to sit in that room with his “friend” and rant his nights away about the same old memories.

When he looses his mum he’s gonna be out on the streets because all his money goes on drugs, I just hope I’ve moved on by then.

I hope you find a way to move on too, it feels impossible to me right now, im just living one day at a time x

paul0572
              Participant

Isn’t it mad how our stories are very similar.

I told her whole family a month ago and she turned it round on me saying she’s only done it a few times to escape our toxic relationship.

It wasn’t toxic before she started doing coke . We were engaged , planning on having a baby etc…

Then the coke started . The lies , the manipulation, she would hit him , call me all the names under the sun , try to make it out it’s all my fault .

She turned up here last Monday and 3am in the morning after using . Wanted to sleep here so I could hold her and keep her safe . Crying she wants help …then in the morning it’s all forgotten about.

Sad as it seems I don’t want to move on because I still love her very much and I’m praying that she turns back into the girl I fell in love with .

But I don’t know if that will ever happen . As coke takes there soul and there values and they will put that first over everything .

Until they are high then they realize how bad they have been and want to change . But when it wears off they are the same vile person again and all they are interested in is getting some more .

She told me she loved me last night , first time in ages , but I think she just said it to try and make me feel better as she knows how much she’s hurting me.

I’m also so sorry for what your going through . Coke is the most evil drug on the planet .

cali111
            Participant

I use the exact words you have used all of the time. Seeing them and not recognizing them anymore. The values being completely distorted. My husband has now done so many things he’s been completely against our entire relationship. I struggle to understand if it’s all drugs or have you turned into this terrible person (who sees nothing wrong with what he’s done). I’m so sorry. It’s so hard. Here if you ever need to talk.

redfox20
            Participant

Hi Paul you sound like a lovely man and she is very lucky to have you and doesn’t deserve you. It really takes it out of you mentally doesn’t it like the addiction your mind progresses too that’s one of the main reasons I left for my sanity it scared me I was getting brain fog due to the stress of it all. That really is the hardest part seeing them when they appear normal but you know they really ain’t deep down it’s such a awful situation to be in I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.

cali111
      Participant

Yes everything is so secretive… I have no idea what he’s been doing for months but he insists on knowing what I’m doing. In a way it must be nice to know that she still loves you and wants to be with you. My husband is still decided that he doesn’t think our marriage will work. Yet has never said he doesn’t love me or anything. But refuses to put any work into it or even be honest. Trying to tell myself it’s for a reason. I miss the old him so much though. My whole life feels like it’s crumbled before my eyes. Him and his family have been everything to me as I immigrated to the US to be with him. This has been so hard.

paul0572
        Participant

To be honest I’m not sure if she does love me . I know she says it but it’s only when she’s using she says it and that’s the only time she really wants me is when she’s on a come down.

It’s just so hard at the minute cos I just want the girl back I fell in love with but once you have been an addict you will be an addict for the rest of your life .

I saw a stat that only 10percent of people can get away from it once you have been addicted to it . In the UK is everywhere and I mean everywhere .

I’m like you I’m not sure is this person who put me 1st above anything will ever return or will I always be 2nd and 3rd best to coke and her coke friends …which I will not tolerate , for my sake and also for hers . I’m not letting our relationship stoop that low as we were never like that

paul0572
          Participant

I don’t think he’s putting the work in because all he is concerned about is the cocaine , and they see us as the naggin wife …

Which I suppose we are but only because we love them and Care about them .

Mine just sees me as someone who is trying to destroy her life instead of saving it

paul0572
      Participant

A relationship should be 50/50 and our relationship for the last 2 years has been 100 percent me keeping things together . If I didn’t love her I would of been gone a long time ago .

She doesn’t find anything fun anymore or any enjoyment in anything me do together …

But nothing will compare to a gram of coke , it’s not normal to be like that and I’ve leard not to best myself up about it

paul0572
      Participant

A relationship should be 50/50 and our relationship for the last 2 years has been 100 percent me keeping things together . If I didn’t love her I would of been gone a long time ago .

She doesn’t find anything fun anymore or any enjoyment in anything me do together …

But nothing will compare to a gram of coke , it’s not normal to be like that and I’ve leard not to best myself up about it

littlehappy
      Participant

Why am I such an idiot?

Yesterday I’m getting on with an average day, no sign of him, an old work friend wanted to pop by,

While she was sat chatting about work (I’m still on maternity leave)

He appears in my car, I’ll add it’s filthy! Full of his crap and you can clearly see where his amazing friend sits due to the amount of old drink bottles in the passenger door,

And he starts to mess about with his own car that’s been dumped on my driveway for the last year n a half.

I let him in to get power and he proceeds to empty my cupboard where he keeps his tools, everywhere! Like all through my kitchen and hallway, he starts his car but then disappears

My girls then come in to tell me he is 3 doors along drinking and partying with my neighbors!!! I no drinking will lead to coke, they may well already do that over there anyway, some of the people we no are quite well off and use it, others are scabby, thing is no one knows he can’t control it, he’ll act all clever but once he leaves he’ll be sat alone with a ticket or 2, he’s the addict who bullies and is on the brink of violence now, but to all these party friends, they think he’s a good bloke, that I’m holding him down. I get the looks and laughs like they think I should be grateful he even stays with me.

I want to scream at them all the things he’s done to me! All the secrets I’ve kept, I sit here crying and he gets the happiness, the laughter.

Why!?

I was a touch hurt yesterday,

I fall in the trap of thinking that he’s normal when I see him, I forget he’s a complete stranger now. I took our little lady out to see him, he looked for maybe a minute but she looked to me n he lost interest.

Over at the neighbors he continues to laugh loudly and call my girls over the fence, I’m sat inside being mum, feeding our baby and being ‘boring’ while he just ups n goes leaving his tools everywhere

Anyway I decided to take my girls on a late night walk so he can’t beg to sleep in my house, he’s rosy drunk, I hear lots of people laughing… as we walk past he has the front door open and both him and my neighbor are out on their porch laughing at us, I felt like an idiot for being upset, my girls are watching what he’s doing to me!!

They see me happy and how he destroys my a little bit more every day.

I sat in that park for a good hour crying, I took the longest walk home, I was scared to come back and put my girls through the stress of an argument.

Why, why the need to hurt someone?

I’ve literally given him the world, I’ve paid his debts, I’ve been his go to when he’s wanted to end it!

I’ve never ever let him down! Ever!! And now I just feel low and so incredibly sad….

Yesterday sounds like a pathetic day to be down about but for some reason it knocked me for six and I’m lower than I’ve ever been

redfox20
        Participant

Oh hun so sorry to read this he’s being a complete asshole and rubbing it in right in front of you! Shame on him, you may need to get tougher set boundaries as they don’t like it when it when you do this tell him you will fetch any belongings of he’s but he is not to step foot in your house. Don’t play into the mind games he’s deliberately going out of he’s way to upset you as your seeing him for what he is now. Keep your guard up at all times when you speak to him remember he’s the not the same person say no to he’s demands wherever reasonable and show no emotion towards him as that why he will wonder if he’s still getting under your skin or why your not showing anything towards him. I promise you will have bad and good days but one day we won’t be bothered about what they are doing he’s not happy it’s a front the put on to convince themselves and others around they are not at fault but you know and he knows that what’s important. Keep strong he’s a fool to have lost you, and doesn’t deserve you! Sending hugs I find getting out in the sunshine with the kids leaving my phone in my bag and just being with them helps take my mind off it when I’m having bad days Xx

ash2013
        Participant

Oh Littlehappy, please try not to let his actions define you.

I know this is easier said than done, I’ve been where you are and you feel helpless, mugged off, and utter sadness.

You are better than this, he might look like the life and soul, and you might look like the bore (to his so called friends) but you are not and neither is he! He’s not the person you once knew, he’ll gravitate to like minded drinkers or coke users, it doesnt matter that before he’d never socialise with them, now he’ll socialise with anyone who is on his level, a messed up level, a level that you never want to be at.

When my husband used to be like this, I researched cocaine psychosis, and I truly believe my husband had that. He looked at me with hatred, the drug hated me for trying to help him, and he was now that drug, it had consumed him, and turned him into someone I did not recognise. I saw photos on my phone the other day of him at our childs graduation from nursery school, and the angst on his face is clear to see. He wanted to be there, but he didnt want to be there, he was so messed up.

Never, ever, blame yourself. Nothing you have done has made him like this. He’s an adult and you can’t fix him, so you need to look after yourself, and your girls and do whatever you need to to start again, find happiness and start to LIVE again, instead of the existence you have at present.

Sending much love x

littlehappy
          Participant

Thank you!!

My heart literally hurts,

I get churned up when I see him, I miss him!

I no he’s not the same and I no I’m hurting because I’m the nice one, I just look back and wish I’d been able to lead him down a different path, we had our whole lives mapped out and I really thought this time I’d found my soulmate….well hi is my soulmate, he’s just being poisoned by that crap.

I still can’t imagine a life without him,

In amongst all this, the last time he had a breakdown, he was crying and screaming at me down the phone because after a lovely day with me he drove home and instantly picked up his mate and a ticket, I obviously wasn’t impressed, anyway that night he was punching walls, and completely crazy, I could hear his mum in the background begging him to calm down, I messaged this friend that night and told him he needed to pack that crap in, I told him that if it doesn’t kill him it’ll kill his mum through the stress, I just hope he read that text and I hope it sunk in just a little bit because

It’s true.

I wish there was a medicine that would stop all these effects, that would bring them back xx

littlehappy
      Participant

That new song that’s out

‘Bad habits’!!

clear what that song is about,

Brought tears to my eyes listening to it today,

A love song from my partner to his habit x

redfox20
        Participant

I thought exactly the same when I heard it I wonder to myself I wonder if he’s heard in on the car radio if he’s resonated with it I mean what addict wouldn’t? X

littlehappy
          Participant

Hey

Thanks!

It’s such a head f#ck!

I am trying to keep myself busy,

I’m finding sleeping hard as it is with a baby but he’s always on my mind! I lay awake wondering if he’s sad, I wake up knowing he’s gonna be awake until 3 or 4am each night, is he even thinking about me!

I used to see his mum occasionally n she said he was really low n kept himself to himself,

Then why?! He knows I’m here, our family home, the kids he’s helped raise for the last few years!

My 8 year old calls him dad cos he’s all she’s known, he was her idol!

We laughed so much, life was the best it had ever been for both of us!

And he knew I would always have his back.

Was this all a game? He ticks the boxes for a narcissist too, but I can’t work out if that is the coke playing a part in that or not, coke has been in our lives from the start but only on a destructive level since just before lockdown

It’s such a waste!

We had a couple of nights where he

apologized, he told me he knew he was a shit boyfriend and that he was the one to blame for how we were, he said things to show he had thought about what he had done,

He always caught me with a “hang on in there cos I’m gonna change”

“ just let football finish, just wait till darts is over, my mate needs me cos he’s feeling low”

I’m a sucker for him I guess.

I just don’t know how to go about my life never knowing how he is, waiting for a call, I’m praying hes gonna text or call each day, I watch my phone when I no he’s due to wake up. I have no real interest in mixing with friends, I have a busy family, it’s just missing him!

I’m sure he’s listened to that song, he was a Mc for years and was the one who really read into lyrics in songs,

Do you still hold hope for your x?

redfox20
            Participant

Hi, our stories are so similar it’s crazy cocaine has always been in our relationship got worse before the first lockdown too then just spiralled after that. I have been trying to read up if he’s a narcissist I think addicts do have narcissistic qualities as they are very similar no empathy selfish no remorse. I have been reading up on it too how mad do you do a lot of research I do it’s me trying to make sense of it all I suppose. I saw my ex yesterday he took our two sons as it was he’s weekend he picks our daughter up Sunday for the day as she’s too little for overnights just yet. He yet again said he had no money to give for the children he’s car insurance came out of he’s bank and he paid to take the kids out Saturday to see dinosaurs. How true this is I don’t know, he took boys to see them sent me pictures which was nice of him I suppose. He has cards for my other son for hes bday we still haven’t got he’s mum gave them to him for my son, I said have you taken the money out of them he said too you sound like my mother so she is questioning him he says they was in car first off then he forgot now they are now in bags as he cleared car out he’s told me he is surrendering he’s finance vehicle back to the company he hasn’t made a single payment for it hasn’t had much work and what money he has had well you know.. it’s sensible I’m hoping he’s getting things in order or trying to sort he’s life out but then again he may want more money to use without paying for car insurance, so could go either way. Im exactly the same I do miss him but I know that I cannot back down and go back to him, I will only go back after seeing he is clean for at least 6 months to a year. I won’t tell him this which makes it worse too coz I don’t know how he feels I ended things but he hasn’t begged nor asked me or said anything about us nor have i, I know it will take time and he knows I wouldn’t listen to what he has to say I want actions not words ive told him this but still would be nice to know he misses me I’m sure he does but like me he’s hiding it very well. I do have hope we are good apart from that we’ve known each other since I was 14, we’ve overcome so many obstacles but can’t get over this it’s so upsetting! But only he can change and if he doesn’t well then he’s no good for me and I’m better off alone this is how I cope with it right now he’s there for the kids so that’s good he said he will take our youngest boy for a haircut in the week but whatever he says I don’t cling on to I just say okay and don’t get surprised when he doesn’t when it comes to the kids though he hasn’t let them down only once and I went mental at him and reminded him of when he was a little boy and he’s dad often left him waiting and didn’t show. I know I feel lost without him but as days are getting on it’s getting easier I’m getting use to it and thats scaring me too because it feels so final, but as i mentioned before you never know what can happen in the future so fingers crossed for the both of us. When was the last time you saw or heard from him? X

littlehappy
              Participant

Hey,

Oh my actual god!

They are the same!!

All I do constantly is think of another question and as soon as I get a second I’m on Google looking into it!, wether it’s help or how he’s behaving, how the drug changes him, health problems, all of it!!

Same, he said he was paid short from work, he’s driving my car so it’s free for him but he’s supposed to be giving my car back as it’s school holidays, he said he was short for insurance and has to pay his mum some too now, I no he’s spent at least 400 on his dealer (probably a lot more!)

He does a ticket every other day at least and I no he does it even though he lies to me n says he’s broke so can’t get any because I no he has a tab with the bloke, he has around 4 or 5 that supply him, he’s driven for them to pay off debts and he does work for them for freebies.

I really hope he uses his time and his new job to get sorted n us back together again, I’ve not said anything about us either, like you I’ve made it clear he needs to be sorted before we can carry on but not actually said anything, he comes and goes but we’ve not said if we miss each other.

Like yours he was let down, his dad didn’t want to no him, they had to go to court to prove he was the dad and then this year his dad moved into a house at the end of his mums road!!

Of all the bloody places!!

And on his birthday he sends a message saying if he wants to talk to him he can!!

his absence has had a massive impact on his life, I’ve sat with him when he’s been a complete mess and helped him through!

that’s why I’m shocked at how he’s behaving, he always said he would never be like this if we had a baby but I don’t think he thought about how she would fit in to his life style.

It’s as if he just thought he could do it around her n it would be fine because he would talk me into it too!!

It makes me feel sick! Like he thought we could just be some scummy family with the curtains drawn n her play while we slept!! I mean that’s just the worst thing I can imagine!!

I just don’t want to loose him, he’s not cheated on me so I feel robbed I guess, I can’t stop loving him over this, I just hate what he’s become because I knew him before.

I saw him Saturday for about an hour, he was nice enough and I helped him with his car, we’ve always gotten along fine, it’s just once he’s done instead of being bored or doing normal stuff he goes straight to that. When he left it was strange because we have always hugged n kissed but not now, it was an awkward kiss on baby’s head and a walk away. I just wanna be back in his arms!

I’ve never liked hugging people but when I met him I became so attached, we have always been close, always stood hugging each other so affectionate but it’s all gone,

I lasted until today, had no plan on contacting him but now we have no need to see each other unless I want the car or he wants to see baby so I sent him a few pictures of her from this morning.

He replied with how beautiful she is n thanked me and that was that.

And now I guess I wait?!

He’s working tonight but then off Tuesday n Wednesday,

I wish he would ask to see us but I’m expecting his mate to get there first n organize a night with him,

That’s the thing, I could always keep him clear but when his mate texts it’s always “I wanna party” or “I’m bored!” N that means one thing! And he can’t resist! As soon as that pings he’s thinking of a way to get cash or who he can tick off until next time!

I’m really missing him today so dragging one of my girls for a walk in a bit, can’t stand going out by myself, he understood that n we went everywhere together but lately he’s been quite smug that I stay in with no life, babys only just over 6 months too so I feel like a blob lol.

But that’s why I’m defying him, I’m going out walking wether I want to or not, I actually quite enjoy it but I’m a keep myself to myself type of girl.

Anyway I’m loosing weight, not as fast as I would like but quick enough, I’m sorta hoping that the rare occasions he sees me I will make him want me back, I’m here arms open.

His mates huge now, all that beer drinking, but he’s thin as can be, I got him putting weight on while we were together, he had guns n a backside but now he’s back to bones n no bum lol

Does your no loads of dealers? Makes it too easy to fall back each time?

Xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hi, I do exactly the same thing rack my brains for questions or think of things and immediately google it I don’t know it that’s making things worse because as you know it’s all doom and gloom online very rarely happy endings. I think my ex has a drug dependence not an addiction the two are very similar able to stop two weeks is hes limit though from when he was with me and trying to stop. We split up in may after 7 weeks he relapsed had no job but as soon as he got money again literally the same day he went and got it I was so angry looking back I probably could of calmed down not ended things so abruptly a part of me thinks did he want to end but this was the only thing causing problems I know I haven’t done anything wrong apart from stand beside him my mental health was so bad after I had my daughter I had to end things for my sanity it really scared me. I don’t think he will ever understand what he’s done to me, it’s a nightmare! I am the same but I think why do I want him to want me I ain’t the problem and neither are you! They are they know we are decent women who take good care of their kids it’s them with the issues and we deserve so much better! My little girl is 4 months so not far behind yours ???? where are you from im from east London xx

redfox20
                Participant

*Meant to say he’s still not able to stop

littlehappy
                Participant

Yeah we deserve the world for what we’ve been put through!! And because we’re still here like a couple of dopes waiting ???? they have no idea!!

I’ve been thinking that in a way, is it really that bad, could I cope, am I thinking it’s worse than it is….

At the end of the day he’s using all his money, he’s doing it every other day, in the 5 years I’ve been with him, I sorted the house (we private rent) I pay the bills, feed us, do Christmas n birthdays. I even used to help him with his dealer debts, I’m not well off at all but I’m organized, I’ve always worked and I have 4 other girls.

Before him I was in a relationship for 14 years with the girls dad, he was a cheat and a bully, still is!! his family told me to be grateful he came home at night so that’s what I did but eventually I realized I deserved better and left.

Scariest thing I’ve ever done with 4 kids but I started again n met this one a couple of years later….,haha lucky me hey!! ????

He was a dream!

We met on a train by a mutual friend on the way to lightbox in London, he used to do radio, mc n djing, so we used to go n support each other.

We were best friends instantly, and that was that, didn’t leave each other’s sides, he moved in with me n my girls.

We have hit every bad situation imaginable n come through, almost lost my eldest girl a few months in, she ended up in St. George’s hospital, he stood by me! Became an instant stepdad

I can’t believe this has torn us apart!

I won’t lie, before baby I wasn’t too fussed n would dabble too, we were a couple n going out to raves n stuff it seemed alright, I can say no though and we both wanted to try for a baby, so I knuckled down n got myself sorted but he just spiraled without me. I’m from near Gatwick, used to go to a lot of UKG raves, I think it’s all around that scene really, this mate of his is on flex fm now

It’s another day! I wonder if I’ll hear from him as he’s off today n tomorrow! I’m off for a huge walk across town as he’s got my car, sorta looking forward to dropping a lb or 2 but I could happily say no n call him to take me as well….it’s like who’s gonna cave in first!! I just want him to call me! Xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, how have you been? I’ve took a bit of a dip last couple days just heartbroken and find it hard to accept we’re not together anymore. We’ve had problems in the relationship last couple years with COVID & him running off to use. I am thinking maybe he wanted to leave but was too coward and hoped id cut him off over the drugs one day, who knows the mind is awful some days im fine others I feel so lost without him. I haven’t heard from him since Sunday we only speak about kids that’s it he mentioned he would take our youngest boy who’s 2 to get a haircut haven’t heard yet so he’s either working or sorting returning he’s finance car or getting on it who knows. I too dabbled and we went out together regularly in our 20s im 30 now an as the years went on & more kids i pulled away from it, it’s not clever never ends well whether you get addicted or not you waste money getting on it then feel like shit the next day with kids too it’s not fair on them I stopped in 2017 then he got worse and doing it more frequently I could see it and told him calm down then he started hiding it from me. I have no idea how often, i know where he goes to get it the area but not there door number it’s not even 5 mins from me, i know he can go some time without it but now he’s not here I don’t know how often and he won’t tell me obviously. Can I ask does your one communicate at all or only when he’s on it he couldn’t sing my praises enough then and tell me how lucky he is to have me. My ex is so bad at communicating I don’t know how he feels at all he tells no one either not even he’s mum. Also have you split in the past if so who initiated sorting things out? It’s always been me and can’t help but think I just prolonged the inevitable xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey,

I totally get what a fucked up place your in, stay strong!!

I wish they could see what pain they are putting us through!!

I spent most of my week thinking about him n trying to keep busy but all I was really doing was looking busy so the kids didn’t realise and he was on my mind constantly.

So last year I got myself a book and wrote each memory of when bad stuff happened, when he did nasty stuff, things he said, when I’ve had to pay people off, just to remind myself that he’s not the big dream I remember when I’m missing him,

I found it good getting stuff off my chest, and then I looked up narcissistic quotes which he fits almost all of them, I wrote ways to heal from what he does and how much I deserve because even now I’d never do what he’s done to anyone else but especially not him!

Now if I’m low I come on here, or I watch utube or Instagram videos on narcissist behavior, I read my notes to remind myself that this isn’t my fault. I still miss him but I no I’m worth more and just maybe something better is coming!

Last year as lockdown hit everyone he walked out on me, I always ended up begging him at the front door and he would push me away and leave, he’d go for a couple of weeks n then come back, over n over

As I was pregnant I found it really hard so I got myself counseling where a lady video called me every two weeks, she just let me talk and I sorta realized I was strong, I’m a mummy and ultimately I’m a really good lovely person.

I had the same problem, not speaking to him n not knowing if we were on the same page,

We have an age gap, so he was 24 when we met n I was 39 ???? but I don’t look my age at all lol,

he’s now 29 and I’m 45! We just work, he was always the grown up serious one n I just fucked about n had a laugh.

When we met I had been in a long term relationship through my 20’s so had no clue about most drugs,

I’d done speed in my teens but not much else.

So yeah he introduced me to different bits and was really careful with me but it just never became a thing, I was never bothered if it was about or not, I’m so lucky I never got hooked really.

He does talk but he’s always on it or on a come down so I have to pick my time if I want to talk, lately he’s been nasty and aggressive so I’d have no chance, he seems to think everyone else is the problem too, apparently doing coke isn’t a bad thing and he’s never gonna stop it altogether.

I can’t decide if I want to be with him if he plans on having that in his life or to go with it n see if he changes, I feel like I’m at this point so do I want to risk the heart ache again from the start or should I just try n get my head around things as they are?

I think he wants a relationship but obviously he’s hoping to keep living as he is but that’s just not gonna fit in with family xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hiya, had a better day today after a tough couple days. My mum and two sisters came over to see me and the kids which was lovely they brought some chocolate and flowers too for me just the little pick me up I needed. I heard from my ex today I find if I leave it he does eventually make the effort and get in touch he’s taking boys to get haircuts sunday now he also asked me if I needed some money and said he only had a certain amount himself & could give me half of that or wait until he gets paid more money until next Friday & he will sort me out a fair bit. I don’t know if this is him trying to show me he’s being sensible and keeping a certain amount for himself without wasting it who knows. It was nice to hear from him I’m keeping strong and until I see changes will I give him time of day again. I have thought that too should I just accept it and let him have he’s time to go out get it out he’s system he’s honestly perfect for me other than that problem when we’re together, but we’ve tried that & it always ends up being more times and he starts to take the piss then we argue they can’t do anything in moderation hence why they have a problem. It all comes down to hes will to change and communicating better. What upset me more when he relapsed was that he couldn’t just be honest that hurt more than him doing the cocaine itself. I think I pulled away from dabbling with cocaine because it was getting too much for him and didn’t want to encourage it. I thought me stopping would make him stop it didn’t work. Yeah coming on here helps watching YouTube videos knowledge is power I mean they may not be narcissistic but if they are we are prepared ???? I have thought about doing al anon zoom calls for families of addicts as this place really helps me on here so talking to people face to face could really make all the difference not feeling alone and venting to them instead of my mum gives her a break too! So sorry to hear he left in lockdown what a time to leave you eh we we’re together in the first one but he was drinking 3 or more times a week so it wasn’t good. I may get a note book and start writing things down who knows one day I may show him it only then would they get a real insight to the pain we have gone through. That’s all we can do whatever gets us through the day I take each day as it comes now and I’m trying not to overthink things but it’s hard sometimes. Nothing wrong with an age gap, go on girl I say haha. How long have you been together, my ex is 31 nearly 32, we were together 10 years this year ????. X

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey

Sorry, managed to go on my own downer for a while,

Every good day n I think I’ve got a grip n then it all turns again!

I did write a reply but for some reason they wouldn’t let me post it? Who knows why, I reread it n it had nothing i could see wrong?

Anyway that just got to me as well so I’ve just hidden away.

Hope your still feeling a little more positive!

So I saw him last Tuesday, I’d been keeping myself to myself and he called, very low

I asked if he wanted to see me n where he would usually be a bit stroppy this time he just said yes.

We went out, supposed to be for coffee but he talked us into a drink at a pub.

All went really nice and we both let our guards down n had a laugh.

It was nice, he asked to spent Saturday with me but come Friday night and his lift in mood because we were talking, he went to see this friend of his, ended up staying up all night, didn’t sleep until lunchtime Saturday and wasted the whole day.

We have spoken on the phone, he begged me to forgive him and said we would catch up tomorrow and have another date where we can try n build some bridges….

Well until last night when he calls to say he’s now invited some bloke to come join us so they can play darts….

I dunno, I give up, I no how the nights gonna end, if I’m upset I’ll be made to look like an idiot, if I join in with the laughs he’s gonna think it’s okay, he’s not seen our baby for weeks…and is it so bad that I think he needs to take me seriously because I don’t look at him and think he’s even my other half right now.

My trust has gone because he can’t even put me first once yet I’m here when he’s at rock bottom!.

I dunno, he’s stupid!

So I’m waiting for his happy messages to start today as he thinks I’m really happy about what he’s arranged for tomorrow when I’m really not in the mood.

Lol my last message was so much more positive, they should have left it up! Xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, sorry to hear you haven’t been so good. That is strange your message was taken down, don’t get disheartened. I check in here daily so will always get back to you! Glad you’re okay, bet it felt good to have some normality with him but even that feels painful because you know the reality being stuck in a situation neither of you can control. I don’t think I could be in hes presence even if we were enjoying company, hes changed so much lies lies and more lies. He didn’t turn up sunday to get boys haircuts neither did he give me an explanation he’s mum said he’s been in bed sleeping all day and hadnt drunk Saturday night either so was clearly depressed and on a comedown he went out Thursday night. After talking to he’s mum she said it’s pretty obvious he’s stolen the birthday money out of my son he’s stepsons card it’s disgusting the lengths they will go to for their addiction I’m caring less and less and letting go more an more as the time goes on. He’s not listening to he’s mum she’s had murders with him he doesn’t say anything or argue back just takes it then she gets more angry then anything which isn’t worth it. I dunno I’m not going to be saying much to him if anything at all when he gets the kids probably say bye to them and that’s it. He’s weekend is this week so he needs to get in touch at some point to get kids if he will after ignoring me sunday. It’s his birthday on Saturday so time will tell if he will take kids this weekend or chose to go out and get on it. He’s life is go work get money use feel like shit and repeat oh and constant let downs and lying in between I think he did have intentions of doing that with our boys but that took hold and you know that comes before anything. Please be careful the more you feel sorry for them, help them when they say they are down you fall back into their trap then you end up getting stung in the long run they only care about themselves in active addiction. We tried that going on dates and thinking we need to spend more time together or spice things up that makes the world of difference in a normal relationship but with an addict it’s a waste of time. You probably know this as that’s why you have doubts listen to your gut hun it’s never wrong. I hope your feeling better I feel like a switch has gone off in me or I’ve finally come to the realisation that this is who he is now and I’m moving on and losing feelings for him it feels good to be getting strong again and coming out the other side we all will get there one way or the other and be happy! Time is a healer I hope you and kids are well x

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey you!

You got it spot on!

He wanted to start these date nights but I’m sure it’s just so I’m another outlet for his to use,

I think his friend has irritated him so he’s back around me.

It still makes me sick that he will happily use on his own though! A dirty dark room n just him!.

So we went off to the pub Tuesday as planned, strangely he got drunk first which I never really see him do, he usually uses n then is all chat a million miles an hour!,

He still worked his way round the pub, joining in every ones convos with me apologizing as he went!

He likes to tell the world my age n then that we’ve not been getting along as soon as he’s on it so that happened, pisses me off quite a bit because I don’t sit there telling people what he’s like an that he’ll be in the Loo sniffing crap constantly lol.

Anyway yeah it was alright, went back to his mums, I booked myself a taxi just as he decided to buy himself 2 more! He messaged me all

night, I woke up with our little one n he was still well away texting rubbish!.

He doesn’t remember much of the night at all which I’m guessing is something they put in his crap, I had to tell him what had gone on n I took my chance to tell him I’m done with how he goes round talking about us.

Won’t change but it was nice to say lol,

I’m so happy for you! Don’t loose that strength! I felt like that a couple of weeks back, n then he called n I did stupidly let him back in!.

It’s hard because his mum really needs me around as he’s so crap, n she’s lovely, just hard to stop caring but you are right n he will hurt me again because he’s never even slowed down on doing this rubbish! It defo comes first to all of us!

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, yeah there is always a motive when they start bothering wanting to change either no money or it’s Christmas or they don’t want to be alone lol. They do get carried away when they are on it and can be the nicest, talkative person but if you’re not on their wavelength after time they can get annoying my ex used to repeat the same stories every time I would say you told me before. Yeah I feel sorry for the mums must be awful having a son who’s addicted can’t imagine the pain. My mother in law is paying for everything food he’s phone bill the lot he is taking the piss out of her. My ex goes quiet when he uses he tries to hide he’s use from me but I know different, hes mum tells me she’s honest that he goes out still gets on it then sleeps in bed or ie depressed coz of the comedown. That’s the thing nowadays cocaine is laced with all kinds of crap some of the stuff is addictive too it’s just awful a vicious cycle and no life for the addict alone with their thoughts at 6am in the morning, I don’t envy them. Glad you’re okay though that would be lovely to meet up one day! X

littlehappy
                Participant

Omg the repeating stories!!

Haha that took me back!

While he still lived here n it was out of control, he would want to start an argument every time! So his night would be fine, he would be well away chatting fast as anything about the same childhood fights n his beliefs n as it came to an end I would literally see a shift. He would bring up how I hated his mate, which I don’t really but I think they are both stupid but they lead each other down the wrong path… anyway he would go over n over why I have this problem n would I just admit it.

Haha it would suddenly start again like an hour or two later as if he had no recollection so next time I would say different responses n wait again!

It was like ground hog day and he would get more angry until I was telling him where to go n he either shouted my house down or he left!

I’d forgotten about that!!

One night he lent over me all angry n whispery n started saying how I was horrible n a rubbish mum, he hit the sofa next to me because I wouldn’t look at his face and I snapped, I only had to turn to face him n tell him to get out of my house n he was gone!!

He will never speak to me like that again! That stuff makes people crazy!!

Well I’ve not seen him since, today n he’s only just messaged me, it’s half 3! He has work soon and it’s another day missing his little girl! I’m happy today though, it’s hard n sometimes I wish he would just keep himself to himself as I care too much,

I’f he ever gets a grip it would be great by why are they so weak!!

I get that it’s addictive but he has a baby! He has a whole family!

Why can’t he fight it! It’s a drug not a woman that’s enticing him lol

Hope your good! X

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, I’m good thanks how are you? haha oh they are so similar. They all must do it lol, or they speak about their childhood or their greatest achievements at work ????. My ex was always happy on it more honest too and would communicate more with you. I think it doesn’t do much now to him tbh coz we spoke this week he said he isnt happy and the drugs don’t make him feel it, he came into the flat for the first time in 3 months because I needed to speak with him as a drug dealer was knocking at my door asking for him so needed to tell him it’s gone to far now bringing he’s problems to my door. He said he hasn’t used in a week been getting stuck into work and that’s what he needs to keep busy and said he will pay things back he’s trying to get full time work. I told him he needs to see kids more and be the dad they deserve he agreed that right now he isn’t and that this wasn’t the plan me doing it pretty much alone. He has them every other weekend but I have 4 children two are under 3 so he needs to step up more and see them one evening a week too my 2 year old idolises him and really misses him. He also gave me money this week for kids which is good as haven’t had a penny for 3 months. Maybe somethings changed in him maybe he realises now it’s all got to come from him and I won’t make it easy this time to come back even if we don’t sort out things I want him healthy and happy for the kids so whatever outcome I’ll be happy. Anyway enough of me haha, that’s awful another of my exes would switch on cocaine and be angry and abusive to me he doesn’t drink at all now because he can’t makes him violent. I bet apart of you didn’t want to react give him what he wants but when they say about you as a mother I mean who could control themselves I certainly wouldn’t! How’s things been for you? I’m seeing him shortly he’s picking the baby up our sons are with him this weekend she doesn’t sleep over just yet. X

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey

It’s so funny sharing stories!, yeah always memories about his childhood, all the fights he got into – with continuous replays of how he punched them as he struts up and down the living room ????

And because I can’t talk about my past as it caused so much jealousy I’d sit night after night hearing his stories, I’d even have favorite ones so would steer a boring conv just so I could sit back and watch him play out a story!!

So many nights I’d have to listen to how an engine works!!! ???? so funny!!

Funny enough my one was due to remember a “father figure” who passed away n I was aware that he would be planning a long night of drinking but his friend disappeared off to celebrate a wedding and never told him! So I get a call asking if I wanted to drink with him instead!

Rude!

Haha anyway I say no so he gets on it by himself and sends loads of the wedding party messages because he wasn’t invited but his friend was!!

Such a stupid move!!

Anyway, I saw him with our little one last night, he’s changed his tune! On best behavior! No drink, played with baby, had his mum playing too, drove me home last night and asked if he could stay the night!!

I said no haha, I did say that he could come over after work tonight and watch tv with us for a bit and if he’s good and doesn’t drink then he can stay! So we will see….

Won’t lie, I’m quite happy having the whole bed to myself and not having to answer to him so I’ll see how it goes ????

Funny though!! And today, instead of laying about until work he’s been up getting stuff done over at his!! Crazy but funny!!

I really hope yours makes a change for the better! N yeah maybe he’s starting to see he needs to change! But yeah It’s nice to just be okay either way!! I feel like that now, I’m enjoying my space but if he really puts in the effort we will see!, I think we gotta realise that we are worth so much more than we’ve put up with!

There’s no way he would have stood by me!!

Let me no how it goes xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey

Hope your good!

It’s been a few days, as always my happiness didn’t last!,

I always buy into it! When will I learn!

So after all his efforts and actually doing stuff (which is minor to what most people do!) I had his mum and uncle over my house, made them lunch n all that while he used my driveway to fix his uncles car. All went well, then we went to my neighbors for a drink, that was quite nice too although the more I drank the more I made light of what a nightmare he was haha, I obviously found it funny but he didn’t. We came home and as I was drunk I didn’t realize that he wanted me to transfer money to his account!

Well I’d pre thought this and changed my phone PIN number the day before which was such a clever idea because once I was drunk I couldn’t for the life of me remember it!!

Anyway he got angry, shouting at me and then my daughter,

She thinks it’s cos he wants beer!

I get my head together enough to kick him out and then receive a million messages through the night telling me what he thinks of me!

How lucky was I that I’d changed my pin!!!

So next day he’s all sorry, begging to go back n carry on being happy, until today!!

He’s obviously been on something last night because I have asked to use the car to drop my girls off to see their dad, it is my car!!

And he pulls up an hour before he starts work and starts on me!

He has a stiff neck! – not my fault!

He screams at me for driving too close to the curb!! He has no idea as he’s never a passenger because he’s taken my car off me!!!

Anyway I end up getting a taxi home yet again,

This time I want the car back!

He’s a horrible human and how he expects me to wait for him when he can’t stop, get help or just be honest!!

I mean who lets anyone speak to them like that!! Screaming at me as I drive along, in my car that I put fuel in to drop off my daughters and he uses the rest!

I make the payments on it and I will have to sort any damage yet I let him to continue to share it!!!

I must have done some nasty stuff in my last life to warrant the abuse I get!!

So yeah, I’m wound up, upset, and really angry! Four girls away for the weekend and he better not come knocking because he can do one!!

Another weekend alone with my teeny one xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, been meaning to get back to you, just see this and had to reply straight away! I’ve had a time of it myself well im not surprised by anything anymore tbh. They are so manipulative aren’t they tell you exactly what you want to hear then somehow drag you back into the chaos! That was lucky you did that with the pin it’s terrible how we have to pre think things because of how predictable they are with asking for things or being sly. Never blame yourself you haven’t done anything it’s he’s problem not yours! I’d get your car back and put some boundaries in place to protect you it’s so important as they will always take advantage of your good nature. Try not to get wound up easier said then done I know but I try not to let myself think of him now or he’s problems as I get annoyed I’m letting it get to me now, no more! Things were going well here we had a proper chat last Sunday first time since we split he said it’s got out of hand he knows he’s the only one to do it. And he said he knows it affects us all he’s mum me the kids. He mentioned our son asked him when he’s coming home and that he didn’t know what to say to him and he needs to sort himself out for all of them too. He said he thinks about what he’s done & us laying in bed when it’s all wearing off long story short he said he would look up getting some help “as it won’t hurt will it” fast forward to Tuesday and we see him at a job near our home working on the roof we went past to go to soft play so kids shouted up said hello he came down all was normal and nice. I sent him pics of kids at soft play and we said we will speak soon, on way home we went past again he was nearly finishing said he’s packing up soon. We went home and he then went missing after work got on it my eldest son got stuck he’s wheel came of he’s bike he called my ex 4x without telling me and no answer he then ignored me he’s mum who he picks up after work she works at our local hospital he stayed out all night probably slept in car read my messages at 11pm the next day didn’t get home until Thursday early hours. So basically told him I won’t be discussing things with him anymore as it don’t get my anywhere and like yours hes not doing anything about it or getting help. I’m going cold on him again now as that seems to work somehow I even let him in the house on Saturday when he picked our daughter up when I haven’t all this time never again! Just about kids now, I told him he knows he can have a better life but nothing will change if he doesn’t. I want him to get professional help and be clean 6 months if ever I consider a relationship with him again but I can’t see it happening probably be years yet I’m not going to wait forever though. Xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey you,

I know things are hard when I loose my sense of humor! These last few days and I’m just lost again!! I wish I would learn!!

How is it they get to control our feelings?

Anyone else and we probably would have walked by now, I’m dam sure he wouldn’t put up with all this crap from me!!

It’s desperation

I’m sat here alone and I can only turn to this page because no one else really knows what this stuff is doing to our lives!.

Again I read through other stories and he matches all of it!!

The filth he shouts at me and his mum, the pervy rubbish that has just started which I’m guessing is because he’s been alone for quite a while now, his drinking and betting problem that’s now alongside this!

The anger! God it’s like there really is no part of him that’s left anymore!

If you met him in the street he would seem the loveliest most fun bloke!

Last week he spent maybe 4 days being the old him, gentle and just nice but as you no it doesn’t last, part of me was dreading this weekend because we were ment to spend it together, I should have known that he would flip and I’d be sat here alone.

The looks his mum gives me, she has told me so many times that she knows it’s him yet when he’s screaming at me from his front door, as I’m waiting for a taxi while my car is sat there in front of me for him! Because I’m not a nasty person, I’ve even put fuel in it when I borrowed it for half hour to drop my girls off!! And she talks to me as if I’ve wound him up….

I no I need to cut my ties, I think having baby makes me feel like I has some duty to try,

I’m just at that point where I want a hug from an adult who isn’t gonna scream at me, a mate to set the world to rights that knows exactly what I’m going through and to feel like a person n not a giant secret

I’m sorry yours has gone back to it as well! When they are doing well you’d think they would see that and know!

Make that connection that feeling bad, sleeping in! Being nasty! It all comes from that stuff!

It takes its toll and I was up there doing well with my head, roll on next week! Start again x

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, I’m okay thank you haven’t heard a thing from him since last Tuesday when he relapsed. It’s our boys birthday tomorrow so he may get in touch who knows but I honestly don’t care we are gonna have a good day regardless! He’s probably spent all he’s money now feels guilty as he said he would get our boy some trainers. He gets bad depression after he uses now coz of what he’s doing letting himself and everyone down I know it affects him coz he is a decent person deep down. It he’s weekend this week to have kids so he may or may not get in touch if he doesn’t then he’s walked away and honestly it’s hard but I’m used to doing it all on my own now. I would of walked away if we didn’t have kids, don’t get me wrong I still love him but he needs to sort he’s life out! I don’t try for the kids that’s up to him to get in touch to see them if he doesn’t well then he looks bad not me. Yeah it’s a vicious circle alright! He isn’t horrible but just so distant he just doesn’t get in touch or ignores me after he relapses or uses. I asked he’s mum how things are she just said he’s been home all the time it had only been two days though lol. I think he’s just not in a great place at the moment he realises what he’s lost but can’t stop himself, I’m hoping he gets help soon and doesn’t let it continue. I think doing well is a trigger too they think it won’t hurt but they can’t just have a drink and a few lines it doesn’t work that way it’s a binge go missing for a day or two then return I’m just glad he’s not using my place as a hotel now! I feel sorry for hes mum but she could do more if that was my son I’d keep pushing that he needs help and be on he’s case she just lets him sleep all day and doesn’t ask him anything. I don’t know mentally I’m better ive just accepted the situation as it is now which is shit but it’s my reality all I can do like yourself is just keep strong and be the best person and mother I can be and hope that he sorts himself out one day! I feel like their mums blame us to they think we mess with their heads make them worse when it’s them she told me I shouldnt tell him that if he’s clean for so long he can come home she said that don’t help it’s pressure well it’s motivating in my eyes and better than saying nothing. I’m just gonna back away from them both let them sort hes mess out if he ever does! How you doing? Hope your okay X

lece13
                Participant

Hi redfox

Sorry for jumping in on post, but couldn’t help but want to ask about the distancing thing you mentioned. My ex has been in full swing addiction mode for nearly 3 months now!! He has completely cut family and friends off. Turns up every now and again to see kids and his mam. He has distanced himself so much. Makes no contact with anyone for days sometimes over a week. I do know that he is ashamed in a way but that doesn’t stop him from continously using.

I feel I’m in a similar situation in regards to not being with or living with my ex anymore. Do you find he is more distant with you due to him not living with you and thinking it’s over, what’s the point in trying, so let’s use instead or does he just distance himself when he has relapsed but is around often when not using?

It’s been that long since my ex has had a period of time drug free b4 relapsing that I’m thinking that he jusy stays away because he wants nothing to do with me anymore. Not the possibility that the drugs are keeping him away through burying his feelings, thoughts and emotions.

He has admitted that he has been using nearly everyday, so I know his mind will be clouded. However, I cant help but think he’s not bothered anymore and really would not care less if I was to move on with someone else.

He does display odd moments of slight affection, but this is probably part of manipulation. He has done some cruel things which I don’t think he would have done if it wasn’t for the coke. He has never raised his hand or been vile towards me. Sometimes snappy and grumpy on a comedown, but the real nail in the coffin was cheating. He did part blame the drugs for this. That doesn’t stop me from thinking that it’s because he doesn’t care anymore. It’s so hard to work out what the hell is going on in their head.

Hope you are doing ok

redfox20
                Participant

Hey that’s okay! I think it is the addiction that keeps them away it does isolate them partly as they feel ashamed not good enough etc. When my ex isn’t using he’s in touch and seems normal when I’m in hes presence. The only way I can describe it is like Jekyll and Hyde they are two people themselves and the addict. He has definitely been more distant now he don’t live with me but he’s drug use has got more excessive so that’s probably why to. It’s so hard what to think your best to try and speak to him I did when he was sober he seems to know the pain he’s causing us all and said it’s got out of hand but he went back to it and that’s why I think he’s staying away right now he knows it hurts us. He mentioned before that he stayed away because he let us down. I think they are a lot harder on themselves than we think and hurt a lot more than we know but they numb it with drugs. I wouldn’t take anything personal that he does or says to you, it’s likely the addict talking. What I find helps is I only communicate with him when he gets in touch with me that way I don’t get upset if he ignores me and also I know he’s ready to talk in right mind etc or sober. I’m doing okay getting there mentally just trying to accept it all now and try and move on and hold onto hope all I can do hope your okay too! Xx

lece13
                Participant

Hiya

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah I don’t bother contacting him (he hasn’t got a 4n well so he says) I just wait until he gets in touch. It’s starting to annoy me now though as I think what if something happened to the kids and he doesn’t contact anyone (family) for days. He wouldn’t know if there was an emergency. He honestly couldn’t care less.

The last time he seen kids was Saturday and it’s like a waiting game until he decides when he wants to get in touch and see them again. We’ll I’m sick of him picking and choosing when suits him and his addiction.

It was his sisters remembrance yesterday and he had the audacity to drive past his mas, but not even go and see how she was. Didn’t bother going to the grave side with his family.

Nothing really surprises me these days. How a person can change so much and become this vile, selfish, seedy, lier is beyond me.

I was reading your post about your sons birthday. It was my little boys last week. He turned up for his birthday at 6pm. He’d been on one the night before and rang in the morning, but I ended up putting the phone down on him as couldn’t believe he didn’t turn up early in morning for him unwrapping presents. When he did appear at tea time he bought the kids affection. He followed on to take them out the next day, but soon as the afternoon came I could see him itching. He makes up excuses to why he needs to go promising the world another day then surprise surprise doesn’t bother again.

I think they try to be nice a form of manipulate knowing what they are going to do. They plan it in there head then feed you a story “we’ll do this tomorrow, or do you fancy going here at the weekend”………then they disappear again. Also my ex tends to ease his conscious, well the little that he has by buying them something or getting there tea etc. before doing one.

Hoping for some more positive days for everyone x

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, hope your okay. That is the best way not contacting them unless they get in touch with you as it annoys you if they don’t get in touch and me personally that does affect my mental health. It’s disgusting how they drop off and ignore people when they use and they don’t think of the bigger picture what if there was an emergency with anyone or the kids they wouldn’t forgive themselves then would they? My ex is the same he’s is more he disappears because of the come downs after and feeling guilty he’s given into temptation again and used he has more sober moments then on drugs so he’s able to see the problems it has caused. They can be so manipulative especially when they are using more and the lies you can see straight through them but they think they have you so convinced it’s laughable. It does annoy you when they show up when it suits them I think deep down they want to be there and do all these things they say but the drugs always gets in the way unfortunately. I think sometimes the intentions are they but they cannot follow through as one split decision to use and all plans and money goes down the drain. Happy belated birthday to your son, I have 3 sons there bdays are July aug & sept & my only daughter was born in March his year she’s the 4th my last and only girl ????. Things haven’t been to bad for me for a change he’s in touch going to work we’re going out Saturday with the kids to the seaside he said he will show up as it would be bang out of order if he didn’t it was all he’s idea so hopefully I come back on here with a positive story of how it went. He seems to want to stop using on he’s own as that’s why he’s saying he hasn’t got help just yet how true this is time will tell but I never trust a word he says it’s really hard. He did however leave mine the other day after our sons bday and went and looked at someone’s roof for a job he’s mum said he came home from doing that and had dinner so didn’t go out as i thought he did it’s so hard to jump to conclusions though isn’t it? How are you doing hope you’re okay! X

lece13
                Participant

Hey, well today he turned up at his mams who had the kids. She told him that I said he wasn’t allowed to see them when at hers as he needs to arrange set days with me. His response was “well I’m not staying”. He then proceeded to have an argument with his brother all in ear shot of my son who heard everything. He has collected all his clothes from his mams and told her he wants nothing more to do with them and he won’t be seeing them again!!

How can someone be so cruel. How can he just cut his family and kids off who are innocent in all of this. You wouldn’t treat shit on your shoe like he has treat us.

It’s obvious he is with someone else, but why does he have to push kids away. Yes – me I understand that and maybe his family as they support me and would not approve, but the children are innocent. Why go to all this effort why not just say what he is up to instead of cutting everyone off through starting arguments.

How someone can be truly happy pushing all those who have been constantly in your life away and choosing drugs, gambling and some slut………is beyond me.

I don’t even no him now. He is a different person who has no love, loyalty or care for his family. He goes on like he is hard done by, he is the one left alone and pushed out etc. When actually he has done all of this. He has chosen this life and all the things he is doing it.

It has completely knocked me sideways. I was meant to be going out tonight with friends and I have no motivation and feel nothing but pain. He has worn me to the ground. Wish there was a tablet I could take that would takw all the feelings and emotions away that were connected to him. Then maybe I could switch off and move on!!

Here’s to a better day tomorrow!

Hope you are doing good still and enjoying your day out

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, how are you doing? Sorry to hear that happened with your son there it’s good he’s mum is helping you by sticking to her boundaries with him too and making you feel comfortable so she can see the kids. He’s acting up and angry because he’s not getting he’s way and rightly so you all have to put your own needs first the same way he does! It completely changes them doesn’t it i wouldn’t look into it to much other than it’s the drugs it’s not you and there is nothing anyone can do. He’s only using this woman to have someone to use with as they like to be around people like them they don’t feel as low in society then and they feel accepted by other addicts. Whilst he’s in active addiction he will never have a truly loving relationship, that’s he’s karma. I don’t think he’s chosen this life but he feels he has no choice and by pushing people away the addiction is winning he’s clearly out of he’s depth with it at the moment and he’s lost control. It’s awful isn’t it it really does get you down mentally it’s a nightmare! time will help with that, and push yourself even if you don’t feel like it a night out could be just what the doctor ordered concentrate on you and make yourself happy without him! I’m good thank you things have been better here for now, we went out spend the day altogether at the arcades had ice cream hot donuts so lovely to have some normality after the last 4 months. I’m taking each day as it comes now and not look to far ahead as you can be let down and I need to protect me and my sanity now so it’s the best way! How you feeling today hope your okay xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey hope your good

I’m seeing him today,

He’s been fairly quiet after what he did the other day,

since I’ve pulled away n not reacted or bothered with him he’s been a lot calmer,

I can almost see how lost he is, it’s sad right now because he’s so addicted, he can’t help himself…I guess that urge when he’s driving home from work late, he knows his dealers well and he has so many that he’s always getting messages and offers to do work with that as payment.

And his friend who dragged him so deep up and vanished which has left him alone.

I can only pray that it gives him the sense to battle it out now.

I just can’t imagine going home alone and jumping on that by myself.

He calls or messages me after a week or whatever and I’m always alright with him because I no it’s not him, I want him to remember that we are here and happy and if he works on it he can be back to this again,

I’m not gonna let him use me though, after him trying to get my bank details last week! I’ve canceled my card now and I will be asking for my car back, it’s a constant learning curve with this stuff.

I lay awake with our baby last night just grateful that I didn’t get hooked like him, the thought of never feeling just normal! He has lost so much weight, he’s always hungry, I always saw him as the stronger one of us, he always seemed to have a plan and over this last 18 months he has nothing left.

All his ‘normal’ friends have moved on with life, he had some really good jobs he messed up, he had stuff that he has sold to pay off people and to just survive! It’s so sad really

He’s finally realizing how much debt he’s getting into, bills not getting paid, I think he just expected his mum to pay them when I stopped but she has been really sick herself so she’s not working now and it’s all catching up with him.

I’m not gonna help him with that either this time, so many times over the last year n a half I’ve helped him pay off his debts and he’s relapsed and we are back to square 1.

His mum though!!

One day she’s calling me – she has no idea what he’s on but will tell me how he speaks to her like crap, the nasty stuff he says that he used to say to me too, she’s fully aware he can be a nightmare but still thinks it’s alcohol, in her next breath when he walks in screaming at me and it’s all on how I’m to blame blah blah blah and she’s backing him lol, maybe you shouldn’t say that! Well he didn’t get much sleep because of noises outside lol – no! It’s because he’s been on it!!!

If anything I’m quite scared of him coming home and this starting again further down the line because I don’t need it and the girls don’t need it either, I’ve pulled away more because I don’t want him thinking that a few days clean and I will let him back in,

I miss him like crazy but I’m also quite scared of all the hurt n secrets and him I guess in a way.

He messaged last night n said he wished he was home with me n that he wants us all back but it’s really all down to him now.

I think if I found out he had cheated I’d probably walk away though, I don’t think I could forgive that, even with a messed up mind or full of anger that would be a step too far for me. He can control himself to hide it from other people and to have a job then he can keep his pants on lol

I don’t no even if I want that anymore, for now though he’s due to come see me today, I just hope he’s clean.

That whole Jekyll n Hyde thing is spot on! I just no if he’s been using because he like a stranger, he’s nasty and aggressive and looking for a fight for days after he’s used it, I don’t really get how he doesn’t see it, that last time I messaged on here! God he had screamed at me while I was driving, like full on screaming and hitting the car, people walking by must have thought we were crazy! Lol I’d walked out of my house happy n straight into that!

Anyway, happy birthday to your boy! I hope you have the best day!! X

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, I’m good thank you hope you’re okay! I could of literally wrote everything in that you just put there it’s crazy! I’m seeing him later too he’s dropping presents off and wants to wish our boy happy birthday. He messaged this morning said sorry he’s not been in touch as he’s not been to good and asked how we all were. I’m the same just pleasant now I don’t react or get angry anymore as I don’t think it helps them. I have never enabled him or lent money or lie for him, It’s he’s problem not mine, and like you i like to remind him of what he has got and hope that he will change and come back to us. I can totally relate to feeling scared i would get bad anxiety being around him when he was back here before may it’s the uncertainty I think not knowing when the next relapse is coming. I’m petrified of letting him come back home I’ve been tempted at times but it won’t change nothing he needs to be clean for anything in he’s life to go well not just for us but mainly himself. And yeah he always had a way of sorting things out or coming through but this has broken him, I just hope they both break the cycle one day and we can come on here with positive stories and hope for others! He’s having a lovely day thank you! Xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Omg!!

So I think I’m ready to end this!

It’s 3.35 in the morning,

I spent the evening with him,

We went to see my neighbors first which was nice, more for me than him because I had an instant connection with the woman but not so much him n the bloke.

Then back to his house for a couple of drinks n to “spend time together”

Pointless!!

He was annoyed I’d made a friend

He was annoyed I was happy

Apparently i was draining his happiness because I was smiling!!

I toned it down and he got on it!

Then I spent a while telling him nice stuff n bugging him up…….and listening to how I was failing as a mum,

Then he turned his focus on my 17 year old again!! And how she had been hard work on a holiday back in 2018!!!! How it was her n she has a problem n I’m rubbish n I let him down…..

Well I wasn’t having any of it, I picked up my phone to book a cab,

I asked him if at any point we were to blame? Me n him!! The arguments and his obsession with drugs…,no! It was my failing at telling her how it should be and her for probably just being alive!!

He didn’t stop!!

So I come home to find that same daughter taking car of our baby, happily and loving every second and it broke my heart knowing what he was messaging on my phone.

Those messages are still coming through now as I write this,

I am apparently a rubbish mum!

I’ve probably done all sorts with every bloke I can find because I’m now a @$&$ too

And she’s a crap kid!

He on the other hand is miss understood and has no dad so poor him!!

I’m so done tonight!!

I wish he wasn’t my baby’s girls dad, he should be ashamed of himself and every word that comes out of his fowl mouth!!!

I don’t care that he’s on some evil drug!!!

I wouldn’t speak yo my enemies the way he speaks to me!!

And how dare he say anything about my girls when he’s as shit as they come!!!!

Anyway, yeah I have no words except I’m not standing for this anymore.

I am one of the best mums out there and I have amazing girls who will never utter the disgusting rubbish that he has about them!!!

I hope your good x

redfox20
                Participant

Morning hey, it’s never ending isn’t it sorry to hear it didn’t go well. If there is drink involved it never does end good especially with them they can’t help themselves or use any excuse to get on it. It sounds to me he’s angry because you won’t let your guard down fully and let him back home and rightly so! He’s thinks it’s fair to take it out on you and say hurtful things about you and your daughter, to deflect that he failed you. id pull away from him for now & have some space from and then decide what you want to do, i used to make rash decisions then change my mind or regret it I think things through more now and it does help. I wouldn’t be around him when he’s drinking maybe set that boundary to that he’s not allowed around you drinking at all as hes nasty with what he says to you. He knows he’s lucky to have you all and he’s more annoyed at himself for letting you all down so it’s easier to say hurtful things then admit that. My ex turned up yesterday too all was nice & pleasant he got the boy trainers sent me £20 for him to buy stuff on fortnite he loves that game lol. He mentioned about taking us all to Margate beach Saturday I said we have plans but will think about it let him know. We did the cake and he sent me money to get me and kids McDonald’s as he was eating dinner with he’s mum apparently. Well he leaves mine, he’s mum video calls nearly an hour later boys ask her where’s daddy, daddy’s not here so it’s obvious what he was up to he obviously had money as he’s mum said and she don’t see him when he does, he only just came out of a bad comedown then did it again last night it makes no sense I didn’t call or text him tell him about himself last night but gonna call him today and talk to him about it and say I won’t play happy families with him or go out altogether until he does something about stopping or getting help cant have your cake an eat it! I don’t know when will they learn I think he’s taking advantage of my kindness I was only pleasant yesterday because it was my boys bday and I think that’s the only reason he got in touch. I’m getting fed up of it too now! But gonna keep my cool and tell him straight that he’s not gonna pick kids up and drop them when it suits him! Hope you’re okay try not let it get to you take your mind of him it will do you the world of good xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey,

I feel like I’ve been gone ages,

Thank you for your reply, I was so hurt and upset, I couldn’t sleep I was so angry and knowing he was up at his off his head n not caring what he was saying…

I ignored him,

I messaged his mum n told her he was sending me nasty messages as she’s been through the same so she will no what I mean.

Next evening he messaged n said he was outside n could I go out with him for a drive to sort it out…I said no.

Then later I got the usual “I love you” “can we talk”

I’ve just been polite, I said we do need to talk…not seen him yet but he’s due here in half an hour,

I’m so done with the same old rubbish! He always destroys our time together, he never try’s to curb it because in his head a couple of nights at work means he has control and he can treat himself again!!

I have my landlord check today so he really needs to be here, he’s just messaged me so he’s just woken up lol,

I’ve done all the handyman jobs by myself lol, cleaned n jet washed – all of it! It’s funny cos I thought he would want to prove he was a man in some respects but he’s really not been bothered….I’ve had “oh you did it yourself! Well done!” Haha not once has he said ah you’ve got all the kids and a baby, I’ll be there to help you ????

Anyway Thank you for your message, I’m feeling stronger today, it’s taken a few days to stew but I’m back again x

I dunno how long he plans on staying either as it’s his day off but he’s already said he feels like a zombie! Another great day!!

I’m just gonna let him get on with his day though n concentrate on myself n the girls, I sorta hope he makes his excuses n leaves pretty quick after our check

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, glad you’re okay. You do need you’re time to get on with things and try take your mind of it and sometimes coming on here don’t help if that makes sense so totally understand that! They do get in you’re head don’t they! They won’t ever understand that what they say or do mentally affects us even when we try not to let it get to us it just does. Hope you’re landlord check went well & who needs a man eh go you doing that on your own with the kids too! Hope it went well, and he left you to it id put my foot down tell him he’s not to stay, it’s so hard coz you miss them and want them but not the person they have become such a catch 22 isn’t it. Glad you’re feeling stronger things go well with me then when they go well with him I can’t help it you just worry about them don’t you it’s totally normal. But I’m trying to feel good regardless of what’s going on, things have been good here for a change hopefully they last we took kids down to Margate yesterday went to the arcades, had ice creams hot donuts & McDonalds then home he took our two boys home as it’s he’s weekend. Then me and the baby came home, was so nice to have a little bit of normality! I really hope it continues, but it will be a long road but he’s doing much better he said he wants to get clean by himself as that’s why he hasn’t got help. I hope if he can and if not hope he gets help if he can’t do it alone! Either way I’ll be okay that’s all I need to concentrate on is me and the kids of course! How you doing xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey you! ????

I’m so glad to hear your world is going better!! I’ve never been to margate! It sounds like a laugh, especially for kids…

And that he’s trying to get clean by himself! It’s like he can actually see where he wants to be and what that stuff is doing! I’m really happy for you!!

So yeah my house check went well, I had the whole house fit for a visit from the queen ???? I’d jet washed his van and car that are sat rotting on my drive, fixed so many little bits n had to stand n listen to him take all the credit cos he’s supposed to live here!! he turned up late and lied, told my landlord he was working nights! Nope just evenings…

He said to me the night before,

“I’m not going to get on it! Please have some faith!” And then at lunchtime, half hour before he should be here he calls and I ask if he had any sleep n his answer was no not really, but he has a headache, his eyes!! Bloodshot, his excuse was his eye drops made them sore!!! He was burning up while talking to me! It’s ridiculous that he still lies, it’s like he believes what he says to me!!

Anyway yeah my landlord was singing his praise, such good work but it was all mine!!!

Then he stayed to play with baby but after half hour he decided he was hungry so we went out so he could buy himself food, he instantly got angry that I sat in the back with baby cos he has some problem with it, he’s rather she scream the car down n I sit up front with him!! so within 5 minutes he was angry and I asked to come home….

He ruins every day that I see him! Honestly! It’s anger or jealousy or just nasty….

Anyway I stayed home last night, went out for a long walk with my daughter n put the world to rights as we walked…

He messaged and did the whole “I love you, please let’s make it work” so I told him we rnt happy so either sort it out or it’s over…I don’t think for a second he will change but I am which is the biggest and best thing

Anyway yeah, he’s been at work all day so I got out the house again, I’m gonna try and pick myself up and get some sort of life in place, even if it is just getting out with the lids it’s better than sitting at home by myself.

Hope your still going well!! Xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hey how are you doing? I’m good thank you Margate was nice it’s a bit run down now well the people are lol. A lot of druggies typically but the arcades are good and they have dreamland which is like a funfair that was closed unfortunately. We’ve all been okay he’s not been so good with depression spoke to him Monday all was well and not heard from him since he’s mum said he was sleeping all day yesterday was asleep when she left and got in from work. He’s phone was on silent i did message him to check in see how he is yesterday still not heard back i just hope hes being sensible but as you know that is an escape for them. im learning to detach now not take it personally and have accepted hes gonna have hes struggles and things wont always be plain sailing. just wish he would reach out when hes depressed instead he sleeps the days away. im okay doing good mentally im not letting it get to me anymore as then we are both sick. hows things been with you? x

littlehappy
                Participant

Hiya,

I’m alright ta,

Ah well it sounds like it was a nice time, my kids love arcades too!

The 2p machines ❤️ ????

Brighton’s nearest to me, not been down there for a while though,

Hope yours gets himself together n bounces back for you, it’s such a struggle for them I guess, the road back to us seems so long and it’s so easy to drop back off n back to bad habits. Don’t think mines gonna change.

So I called his mum on Monday for a chat while he was at work, to check in n see she was okay and to see how he had been.

I was honest n told her I was ready to call it a day if he kept speaking to me the way he did, we went over all sorts and she admitted that she’s been steering clear of him too, staying away over night and just choosing not to talk to him to save having to go through his arguments.

She’s asked if I think he’s taking anything as she can clearly see a difference, I can’t say really as I’ve tried before and she wouldn’t accept it so I just told her the signs to look for, I know she knows deep down.

I love her to bits n she shouldn’t have to listen to her son say the things he does, same as me really.

I also found out he has seen his ‘friend’ and just not told me, his mum let slip that he was stupid for having this bloke back round the house again, she said his behavior dropped straight away and I no that they only ever see each other and do that rubbish. I sorta feel let down by that but I can’t tell him I no without dropping her in it.

Anyway I saw him Tuesday,

He was nice to me for once, I called it short n came home to my girls and as always he got straight on it…

I don’t no if he’s ever gonna have the strength to give it up, I’m just glad that I can walk away and come home.

I will say that I don’t no how I feel about getting close to him again, I was sorta glad to get my taxi when I did because he was quite drunk and I didn’t feel comfortable around him…it’s like I’ve moved on a bit now I dunno, I guess I can’t see him ever being anything other than chasing a high and I want him to love me

It makes me a bit anxious that he seems to think we can find a away to stay together and him still use it

How olds your little one now? Does he manage when he has her?

I told mines mum that I’m glad he’s not been interested cos I just don’t trust him fully, he hasn’t got that attention. My life revolves around her n my others, he gets distracted by anything lol

Take care x

redfox20
                Participant

Hey hope things are okay? Been thinking of you. Hope you’re well x

littlehappy
                Participant

We’ll meet up one day! ????

so many crazy stories to tell

But a drink to us to celebrate surviving n moving on!!

Xx

redfox20
                Participant

Guns and a backside haha ????

icarus-trust
      Participant

Really sorry to read your sad story but glad that you have found this forum and am hoping that this will help you not to feel so alone.

I work for a charity called Icarus Trust. We offer help to people, like you, who are being affected by a family member’s addiction. Our Family Friends are trained and experienced people and you could talk with one of them if you get in touch. They will listen and be able to let you know what other support is available for you.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

I hope this helps. Good luck!

louise123
      Participant

I can relate to your story big time. When I was reading what has happened to you, it took me back I thought we were living pretty much the same life.

Unless you have been in this position yourself none will understand the pain and torture you have actually been through.

I have lied done things I am not proud of to protect this man, because you are manipulated into doing things that you never thought was possible. You look back on and you think why did i do these things!

To start off with its little things then it gets bigger as time goes by, before you know it your into deep yourself. All the promises they have made to you and you belive they can change. You belive there is light at the end of the tunnel for them, so we stay it doesnt matter how bad we are feeling inside and what they have done to us we support them. We put them first because they need support but through this we are losing ourselves. Xx

littlehappy
        Participant

If we all wrote books I’m sure they’d be the same lol,

So much has gone on, so many messed up nights n crazy stuff that people wouldn’t believe!

I had to make a choice in the end, I wanted my family and that stuff doesn’t fit. I would feel so bad if I woke up half way through a day n I knew I was just loosing time n not making good memories, only ones you can’t share or nights you can’t really remember.

We used to be “one in both in!”

We were joined at the hip

But I never realized that it was because I was joining him, as soon as I wanted change he didn’t even try, we were one sided n I didn’t even notice!. I feel so stupid for that!

But I pulled it together, I got sorted and I had to get fertility treatment because I had been having miscarriages so I had a bigger plan,

After 3 I fell pregnant in lockdown and that’s when he really spiraled.

I no having a baby with him sounds stupid but I was so crazily in love with him, my eyes hadn’t been opened yet, I also really needed to because of all my losses, one of our lost babies happened at home and I have it in a tiny baby urn next to my bed, it broke my heart so I cherish our little one now sooo so much.

He’s missed out on loads already n I’m not gonna push him, he had his chance of me trying to help, he is an addict but still says he’s gone clean for days when I’m not stupid, two days max if he’s had a crazy night but he had so many dealers!

I sorta wish he used something else too!, he would do mdma when I met him, a tiny amount n he was sweet n it would make him chill n sleepy, that’s before all this kicked off, he was so different!

He tried swapping back but says it’s not about, apparently with lockdown it’s just disappeared….. I have no clue except what he says.

Yeah I feel like I lost a lot of time with my girls, I’m so lucky in a way that he left because we have all spent lockdown together, built bridges n I am so close with all my girls now. He lost a good family!

Anyway I hope your good! X

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi

So sorry to read your sad story but am glad that you have found support on this forum.

If you would like more support please contact us at Icarus Trust. We are a charity that offers help to people, like you, dealing with addiction in the family. It can be such a lonely place so we have trained and experienced Family friends who you could talk with if you get in touch. They would understand what you are going though.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

Good luck.

redfox20
      Participant

Hey glad you’re okay. You sound like your doing much better ???? i haven’t been Brighton in years I do love a seaside! That’s mad how he’s mum can’t tell I think with coke the eyes are the biggest giveaway lol. I can tell with one look at my ex he’s done it he never has turned up to mine or to get kids on it coz he knows that will be he’s chance with them blown. I’m glad things went well with him when you saw him I think the more we don’t tolerate things they do respect us more in a sense but still ultimately do what they want at the end of the day. Do you get anxiety in hes presence I do at times I did on way to Margate only quickly and I shut it down and tried to enjoy the family day out together. My youngest is nearly 5 months he’s brilliant with them all, when they are with him he takes good care of them we are very similar with our parenting so I know they are in safe hands. Don’t get me wrong he could be present and pay for them but we know why he can’t! He’s still depressed been like it all week he read my messages at 1am this morning no reply. I think at least he’s read them he’s not in a good place so probably doesn’t have much to say or want to pretend he’s okay when he’s not. I hope he didn’t go out last night but I can’t message he’s mum everyday and ask lol. If he hasn’t that’s 15 days clean which is an achievement for him he could never get to two weeks here with me without disappearing to get on it. I totally get that I have my guard up fully with him we have to after what they put us through mentally. I am trying to be more sympathetic now and less angry as he doesn’t need it and it doesn’t help I know he’s struggling but I wish he would reach out to me. I really just want to see him and give him a hug it’s so shit but he will be in touch when he’s ready and hopefully he pulls himself out of it. How you been? Kids are back to school soon bit of routine should do us both good ???? xx

littlehappy
        Participant

Hey

Hope ur well,

How’s things with your man?

I’m not so good,

He’s not changed,

I found out he’s now got himself pills….Viagra

Don’t ask me why, I have a baby to feed and night shifts with her,

I’m not too happy about it and I’ve told him I’m done I think…

I no he’s also watching stuff when he’s not with me…..

I don’t get why he’s given up a family and an actual girlfriend to use that stuff and find fun in doing that…..

I’m just feeling a bit worthless and lost to be honest

On the plus it’s my big girls bday this week so I can stay occupied

Hope your good xx

redfox20
          Participant

Hey, I’m good thank you. Was abit down last week due to him not being great and worrying about him being depressed. He got in touch sunday and had the kids for the day yesterday. It’s his weekend this week, so will hear from him again end of week hopefully. He’s not used for nearly 3 weeks now. He’s not been work last week so whether that’s why who knows but it’s still good I suppose. He just stayed home last week when he was depressed didn’t go out an use so hopefully he continues. Sorry to hear that do you think he’s struggling to get it up because of he’s use and only using it for that when he’s watching stuff maybe? We will never understand why they make the decisions they do. They do see things more clearly and what they have done when they get clean somewhat is he still using often? Hope you eldest girl has a lovely birthday and that’s the best distraction! Kids go back to school so looking forward to a routine and spending less time worrying and being more busy helps as you know. Do your kids go back this week? Xx

littlehappy
            Participant

Hiya,

Ah I’m so happy for you, still a long way to go but he sounds like he’s trying, I hope he picks up a little bit as depression is hard but it sounds like he’s doing really well!!

Yeah I’m guessing he is having problems getting it up lol, he uses a lot and it does stop all that, I just don’t get why he can’t even try n curb it, at this rate he won’t have anything left down there ????

I just think he’s got a real lady waiting for him here but he’s choosing wrong!

So I told his mum what’s going on today, she came to see me with her brother (his uncle!!) and I started off just saying it was drunk but then said “you no what, why am I lying, he’s doing stuff and I no he is.”

I explained the obvious signs n she took it all really well, they both said it wasn’t on and she said she was really embarrassed….it’s not her fault!

They both said it’s this friend of his, when he’s about there’s no point cos he has some sort pull, he’s dropped me n our little one because of this bloke,

It’s hard because I can’t win, I can beg n I can try n help him out but for some reason my other half wants him n not us,

Yeah my lot go back next week, so my last week having a full house!!

I’m off out to dinner tomorrow and he’s asked to come which is odd as we haven’t spoken since his little flip out

Have a good week! Xx

redfox20
              Participant

Hey, yes a long way to go that’s for sure. But it’s going better than it has, and fingers crossed it continues if it doesn’t well hopefully one day he will get there! He seems to know what it’s caused and I think me putting my foot down has given him the motivation he knows he will not be back here unless he’s clean for a while. Yeah have heard that some people have problems getting it up so that even if they wanted to cheat they can’t haha. One thing I noticed was he’s sex drive completely went even on coke he wasn’t interested whereas before on it he was so horny lol. It’s good you had a chat with hes family today the more people know and can be on their case the better! And it’s a great support to you that people understand. It’s so hard when they find someone who’s on the same level to use with that hasn’t got nothing better to do isn’t it. Until he gets fed up of him which he likely will they will both use each other unfortunately! It’s so tough isn’t it it’s all out of our control and they have the power to change their lives ours the kids and our futures everything! I have struggled with being powerless and it’s took me along time to accept I can’t do or change anything for him it’s all got to come from him. Hope dinner goes well tomorrow if he comes, they blow hot and cold constantly don’t they it’s such hard work! Have a good week too and speak soon xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey you,

How’s things your end??

How’s he doing getting straight? Hope all’s good!!

I’ve not been on here for a little bit,

I’ve been so busy with school stuff but life’s been odd, I’ve just sat staring out the window,

I just don’t no if I’m coming or going.

So he came to dinner, one of my girls chose not to come as she just can’t stand him right now and he really fixates on her and every single thing she says or does and try’s to find fault or cause a stir! so we made her excuses.

It was a good night otherwise I guess, I paid as always lol, it’s the only relationship I’ve ever had where I pay for everything!, so he drove my car but I put the fuel in, paid for our dinners and then he suggested we go to an arcade.

The kids heard so I couldn’t really say no.

I then cashed up loads of money for pointless machines and bought us drinks while we were there…

he’s no different though

I have stepped away loads, I’m not messaging him at all,

He messaged on Saturday and told me a load of twaddle about how he’s different now and has a different mind set….already by Saturday lol

So I knew he was on something while he was messaging because he was so keen to chat lol, and the messages were so long!

Next morning he admitted he had taken Mandy!! No sleep at all and he had to work!! A 12 hour shift on no sleep! Idiot!

And today he calls and asks to come over but on his way got really aggressive towards another driver (I’m on the hands free in the car so I heard everything) and because I ask him to stay calm because I don’t need him screaming swear words down the phone, he comes to mine n starts screaming at me that I don’t back him, that I’ve ruined the day and blah blah blah…

I was having a lovely day until then with our little girl! She is there for his onslaught which I think is ridiculous.

Anyway I’ve not heard from him since his last screaming fit a few hours ago….he came and went 3 times, each time shouting at me but standing in my doorway so the whole road can hear his stupid attempt at making out I’m the angry aggressive one!

Complete narcissist! Like text book!

He’s crazy, so yeah I took baby out the house to the park to try and lift our day a little, he’s now parked in my driveway and has taken himself to my neighbors house to have a drink by himself….he tried telling me that he deserves a reward for working!

He works 3 half days and 1 full day and has a two day and 1 day off where he gets high on both!

He spends all his money on his drugs lol

I’ve had to give my notice in at work today too, I never planned on having a baby and him doing this… I can’t go back just yet, I need to get my girls sorted and then look into childcare and my options… so my heads really messed up, i have no one to talk to about any of this, his mums stuck her head back in the clouds and I just don’t have anyone I can trust to tell what’s going on and that can actually give me advice and help.

Nothing seems like it will ever change, it’s just if I can pretend like him that things are great when it’s all a lie. Xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey,

All okay with you??

Not spoken in ages!!, how’s things going over with you??

Hope your good!!

I’m alright, last two days he’s been okay, turned up and cried and asked if we could sort things out…I said I’d be here if he does and told him I cared so hopefully he will give it a try

Anyway, chat soon yeah!! Xx

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, I’m good thanks. Been so busy with kids back to school haven’t had a min! I did read your last message been meaning to get back to you, it seems he is a lot better since then and wants to sort things out I hope it goes well for you! I think they have to be left to it sometimes and we have to pull away for them to see the madness of it all themselves. It’s so hard because like you I still care and love him and want the best for him. Things have been going really well here 5 weeks clean although he hasn’t had much work on so no money. We have been spending more time together he’s been with us some days and staying til late and going home. I’m enjoying things while it’s going good, hopefully it lasts. We’ve had some conversations he’s able to see what he’s done wrong he’s very defensive though and doesn’t take advice well. He has said he will discuss he’s finances or let me watch over things, checking he’s paying bills once he’s in steady work it’s just not there at the min, so he said it’s not worth worrying about right now whether thats him burying he’s head in the sand who knows! He worked last weekend with two people who do like a drink he kept in touch and stayed sensible he’s been up this week last two days to see us. He’s picking kids up tomorrow to stay for the weekend. So yeah all is okay at the min he’s getting paid soon for the job last weekend have asked him what it’s going on he said it’s paying off parking tickets for van so it’s good it’s gone before he spends it on something silly but he still could I’m learning now to be more understanding and less angry towards him as I don’t think this helps things and if he relapses well hopefully he brushes himself off and continues! How are you doing? Hope you and kids are well xx

littlehappy
                Participant

Hey

Really good to hear from you!!

All sounds promising!! Hope it continues x

Yeah all okay here, I sorta wonder if he’s fallen out with his mate or his mum…I stopped messaging her and calling because it was hard, when he was awful and she still tried to back him, he’s her son so I don’t blame her but I’ve done nothing wrong really, the main reason she’s seeing more arguments is because I’m standing up for myself now so I won’t take any of the rubbish I used to.

All that being said,

He did come over and burst into tears, I hugged him and told him I’m here, all was quite sweet.

We messaged loads and he asked if we can try so I’m gonna let him, at the end of the day I’m here already so if he can step up and knock that on the head then I’m gonna be here and things will be good ????

It’s been a really lovely few days!

Babys happy and spending time with her daddy, ive seen the old him for a few days and my girls have enjoyed his company for once!! All good ???????? x

redfox20
                Participant

Hey, how’s things? Hope your well. That’s good your both willing to sort things out how’s that going? Glad little one is happy is nice for them to see their daddies they have missed out on so much they’re fault but still it’s nice to catch up on missed time. Everything is going well here 7 weeks clean although been out of work he starts a new job next week gets paid in 2 weeks so be interesting to see what happens we have been getting on so well he’s been up most days taking kids to school and been there for me my mum had a stroke last weekend really shook us all up as a family especially me and my sisters she’s okay it was mild she was really lucky she’s on blood thinners rest of her life now though! I’m abit anxious about him getting work but have a good feeling this time don’t know why I told him if he’s in work a month an still clean maybe we can discuss about him coming home. There will be slips ups but it’s how we deal with them & hopefully there isn’t none! He got paid for that job he did a couple weeks ago gave the money to he’s mum to pay a ticket for the van so that’s good. I really hope he sticks to it and we don’t go backwards but as you know it happens so fingers crossed time will tell hopefully he’s home soon! Hope things are good your end xx

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi there, So sorry to read your story and am glad that you have found this forum.

The Icarus trust is a charity that supports people dealing with addiction in their family like yourself. We have a team of Family Friends, our well trained and experienced people, one of whom could be assigned to you to listen and help you to find help if you get in touch.

Wishing you all the best.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE