A well needed path to recovery required

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      elaine24
      Participant

Hi All,

I’ve just turned 35 and have been drinking and doing gear for over 15 years. I stopped for a while when I was pregnant and for a year or so after she was born and slowly got back into it.

The last two years I’m been sniffing gear every weekend, and I then sometimes during the week.

I have a good job, loving boyfriend and beautiful daughter. I do it because I need to self destruct and I don’t have any hobbies really.

I was on hear the other night having a complete meltdown about it all, I need help.

I’m going drugs and alcohol counselling on the 10th september.

Anotjer person from here recommended that I listen to podcasts etc to distract me.

Talking about it has been a good help so far.

What else shall I do?

danman83
      Participant

Get your ass in the gym 5 days aweek! Have a goal! If you want lose some weight.. set yourself a 3 month target.. if u want to gain.. do the same.

Join some classes , meet new friends.

Get a dog and go for long hilly walks.

elaine24
      Participant

Well Dan I hope youve had a good day today with your DIY.

I’ve messaged a gym as per a friend’s recommendation, I’m putting all of my effort into looking buff for Xmas!

Going to start my counselling and beat this shit once and for all.

I can’t get a dog until we get a house, so I shall pretend my cat is a dog ????

danman83
      Participant

Well thats a perfect target xmas time.. just dont get drunk at xmas. Lol have a target too save for new york or summat. I went last year.. wouldnt go again tho hahha

elaine24
      Participant

Yep exactly.

Hahahaha I think I want to have a good sober Xmas and just enjoy it.

I want to get some savings as I want to go florida next year… I just need the motivation now

danman83
      Participant

Good stuff u speak to your bf

elaine24
      Participant

I did indeed and told him becuse of it I’ve overspent as well.

He is a great guy and adores us and works two jobs, but I do feel lonely when he works all of the time.

I think this is a def trigger where I feel lonely and then would want to call it on..

I am just trying to understand what the triggers are and how to stop them really.

What’s your story anyway?

danman83
      Participant

H

danman83
      Participant

Dont mater then sorry

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE