Addicted & Scared

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      paolo
      Participant

Here goes….. I’m a 33 year old married father of 2 girls….. I first took cocaine when I was 19 and can remember it like it was yesterday… what an amazing feeling, chatty, confident, relaxed…. I was hooked instantly… 14 years down the line I’m so far out of my depth I’m scared to death…… was never a big drinker growing up through my twenties then hit my thirties and I’m boozing every Friday or Saturday night which then leads to a 4-5 day session on the devil powder…. the come downs are horrific, depressed, paranoid, anxious, & suicidal…. recently lost my driving licence for 3 years having been caught drink & drug driving and was lucky to of hurt or killed anyone…. things have got the bad it doesn’t even take a drink to get me craving it, I’m doing it at work, sneakily at home, 8am in the morning having it delivered to my house it’s absolutely bonkers…. someone please give me some advice on how I can save myself from this poison!

ash2013
      Participant

Hi Paolo,

I didnt want to read and run as it sounds like you are struggling.

Start by deleting dealers numbers, sorry, but you’ll have to change your circle of friends, as I imagine you’ve surrounded yourself with like minded people, stop drinking too as you’ll never stop if you carry on drinking, it lowers your guard.

Believe me when I say, life will be easier, more enriched and you will be a much better father to your girls and a much better husband to your wife than you are now.

Focus on them, keep occupied with them, throw yourself into family and work. Its hard to stop, but my husband is 6 months clean after 20 years mostly on the stuff (with differing levels of use)

This site is good for offering support and seeing it from the side of the people the addiction is affecting, which believe me, will be far worse than you realise.

Keep in touch.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE