Adult son being threatened

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      k4ts
      Participant

Hi all. I will try to keep this as short as possible. All of this started 3 years ago. My 25 year old son lost his job then stupidly got involved with this drug dealer, he was getting into debt so was easily persuaded by this guy to get some “weed” on tick to sell. This did not work out how it should of, my son ended up owing thousands of pounds. We only found this all out after he was taken by this guy and locked in the boot of a car then he had to choose to be slashed with a knife or have all his front teeth knocked out. My son opted to loose his teeth. I’m a care coordinator in a care home so I wasn’t in a position to pay of this debt as I’m on a low wage, bad credit meant I couldn’t get a low interest loan. So after a lot of begging my sister was guarantor on a £5000 loan what cost me £8000 to pay back. Loan payments per month was £400. 3 years ago I handed over £5000 to them thinking it was all over but it’s not because my son is absolutely petrified of them they will find him and threaten him so he ends up paying them even more. This came to a head last week when this one huge guy turned up banging at my door at 2am in the morning. I called the police who spoke with him told him it was just me and my daughter in the house my daughter has Asperger’s syndrome so all this has really affected her. So now I’ve sent my son away, but I’m now getting calls because apparently my son owes more money which I do not believe. The police was lovely but could t really offer any support so I’m now feeling very venerable in my own house. Everything has just taken its toll on me now. I’ve been dealing with this for 3 years I’ve lost friends and family over it I have debt collectors at my door, attachment of earnings. Now to push me over the edge that little more, our care home is going into isolation, we have half the staff we normally would so not only am I constantly having to reassure my daughter I’m working so hard to support my residents all whilst being threaten by these thugs. I’m sorry for the long thread.

ajlost
      Participant

I’m so sorry to hear this.

Keep logs of all the money you’ve paid, all the times they turn up, all the threats.

If your son knows their identity, pass this onto the police.

The police can do something about this if it is reoccurring and if you feel in danger. If they don’t do anything, keep calling. Worst case scenario you should be able to get an order against them for harassment and then if they do threaten you again they will breach their order and (hopefully) be sent to prison.

Drug dealers are pure evil. I’m so sorry that you son was taken advantage of and now you are in this situation.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE