Adult son taking ketamine

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      deborah1
      Participant

My son is 29 years old and 3 years ago he was diagnosed with ADHD … since this diagnosis I have seen him become a Ketamine addict ….

He now consumes this drug maybe twice a day ..he’s high functioning-in that he runs a business but st home he’s a ghost in my house .

He’s anxiety goes through the roof, he has paranoia about everyone and everything… he insists he has severe medical issues on a weekly basis … he is now so thin and gaunt ..he has the typical appearance of an addict.

His father has constantly tried to help / his brothers and obviously myself.

My heart is beyond broken ..tbh I feel numb! Numb not just to him but the world around me too .. I’m now considering selling my house ..buying something smaller where only I can live.

I know I have choices ..I know I must put boundaries in if he wants to stay here … but underneath that glazed face .. I still see my happy/ empathetic son who I dearly miss ❤️

dizzydodege
      Participant

Oh god love you, you poor thing ????

It’s utterly heartbreaking ???? I’m so so sorry that you & your family are suffering like this.

Be reassured that you are not alone although I know that it can feel like it at times !

My son is 35 & is at the bottom of a very slippery slope , he’s a cocaine addict & has been for what has now become apparent many years.

He has caused untold grief & devastation & is today going to become homeless.

I like yourself yearn for “my son “ to come back to me. I honestly don’t recognise the shell of a person that he has become & like yourself I am beyond broken by this situation.

Do what you have to do to keep yourself sane & safe, I wish we could save them with love & care but unfortunately it really isn’t that simple.

Keep checking in with all the support groups that are available . You need all the support you can get,you can’t help anyone unless you are well.

Sending you love & light, all the best to you & your family ????

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE