Alcohol took my mom

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jayfay
      Participant

Hi, everyone. I’m new here. My mother died from alcoholism and I don’t know what to do with myself anymore. I was her caregiver for the last 5 years of her life. I’m lost. I don’t know what else to say. I’m sorry.

lindyloo
      Participant

Hi Jay Fay, I’m so sorry to hear that your mum has passed away, especially under the circumstances, you must be devastated.

I know the Adfam forum homepage and Icarus trust offer advice and support. Perhaps there is bereavement counselling available that could help you?

Is there someone close who you can talk to?

I think it would help to talk to someone, addiction is a horrible disease. I’m sure your mum loved you and knew you were doing your best for her

My son has alcohol and cocaine addictions, so I know what it can do to a family.

Take care and seek some advice and support Jay Fay, time to look after yourself now.

Sending you love ❤

Lx

icarus-trust
      Participant

Hi Jayfay,

So sad to read your story, am sorry about your mum, and your feelings of loss.

Please contact us at Icarus Trust if you would like to talk to someone about how you are feeling. We are a charity that supports people who are dealing with addiction in their family so maybe talking to one of our trained and experienced Family Friends would help you.

You can contact Icarus Trust on help@icarustrust.org or visit our website http://www.icarustrust.org

I hope that you can find some support. all the very best to you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE