Alcoholic bf of one year

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      mcdoncd
      Participant

I really don’t know what to do I’ve had it!! My boyfriend of one year has a drinking problem it could be a few beers a night or vodka and gin also sometimes drinks before when he wakes up in the morning. I don’t know if I’m over reacting or if this is normal? Please can I have your honest opinions. I’ve just told him to leave as he’s drunk a small bottle of vodka which he did admit too!! Literally half before we were talking about how well his drinking was then this!! Will he change or do I finish things now? X

jess27
      Participant

Hey,

It is so hard to say what is right and wrong for you to do in this situation. I know how it feels when someone you love has a drinking problem, all you want to do is push them away. If I am honest, you have to do what you feel is right. There is just one thing you should know and that is you have done nothing wrong and should not feel guilty for the decision you make, if he is unwilling to try and change. You have to do what is right for you and put your mental health first, whether that means leaving him or not (that is down to you). Also no matter how hard you try, he will only change if he wants to. Remember that x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE