Alcoholic husband

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      ariel
      Participant

Hi after a crappy Christmas time and my husbands drinking taking over everything he’s finally admitted hes an alcoholic. Something i have also had to say out loud after knowing for a while. He’s always loved a drink but i suppose when your just a couple you sort of accept it and if its not massively affecting your life carry.on with it! The drinkings got worse since we had our 2 beautiful children not sure if thats contributed or not?! 2 years ok he drank for 4 days sold locked me and my oldest out of our home so we spent 5 nights at my mums! He stopped and saught help went to counselling and was dry for 7 months!! Then went on a bender for a couple of days stopped agsin for about 8 months! Got a new job so started to have odd drink (or so i thought), transpires this was a lot more than odd drink! Just before christmas he was in bed post night shift up and down put of bedroom said he couldnt sleep, come early evening he had arranged cover for his shift that night and was drunk!! Bottle of wine hid in bedroom drawer and god knows what else he drunk!! Over christmas period found lots of empty bottles hid in cellar!! He’d been drinking in a morning after his night shift!! The lies hes told are unbelievable!! I feel like the trust has gone and i have this sick feeling in my stomach most of the time!! I nipped to shop and a friends and returned to him drunk!! He has stopped drinking for 2 weeks and been to AA twice a week for those weeks which is good!! I just dont know how to live with this constant worry of if hes gping to start drinking again!! He says its one day at a time but im struggling to live my life one day at a time!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE