Alcoholic with family

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      jackfenton321
      Participant

So it takes a lot to admit that I’m an alcoholic and years of hiding it and hiding behind a false promise to my close family and little friends, I have always enjoyed alcohol since finding it around 17 at college and going out and chasing that feeling of being drunk. My drinking escalated when I joined the Royal Navy where it was acceptable to drink as a way of destressing however this only made it even harder for me and started feeling low self esteem and decided to leave and go to university, again one of my worst choices as it just led to me thinking I was my old self and that I could drink the same, I hit a very low point in my life and decided to get help through AA I was a member I had a sponsor I got involved however I didn’t agree with the whole higher power and my sponsor suggested I didn’t start a relationship however I did and met my now wife, we moved from south to live in the West Midlands where at first our drinking remained sensible, however I’m writing this today knowing that my drinking is not normal I am worried as we have social involved now in regards to welfare of the children crippling debt and I know it because the demon that is alcohol has taken over again, I’m not sure if AA is right for me now knowing I have left my home group but I know that I need to be completely dry I have set up a goal to do dry January with support from alcohol change I don’t want my children or my wife to see that jerkyl and Hyde side of me and just thought I’ll share my journey as talking it easier online then in a group at the moment

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE