Am I doing right thing ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jennifer68
      Participant

Hi haven’t been on here for few months now as thought my son was starting to sort himself out but all gone to pot!! And I have had to come to conclusion I have to make him find somewhere else to live I cannot handle it anymore feel so bad as he has said few times recently he is gonna kill him self but I cannot cope but what if he did something to himself ? The drink and coke and other drugs have ruined him he won’t get help I feel powerless but I cannot cope anymore with him in the house , any advice ?

danman83
      Participant

Hey jenny.. hope your doing well.. your in a situation were, if hes not willing to get help, you dont want to kick him out, incase something happens so you have to take the shit basically.. or you kick him out and tell him you have done your best, he will have to learn the hardway.. or tell him.. thats it now, you get help, he proves to you that hes getting help or he leaves. Thats only advice i can give.. if hes not prepared to get help.. do you want to live like that anymore? Its not good for you? Is there no family member that can make him see sence?

jennifer68
      Participant

Hi Dan , good to hear from you hope you doing ok ? Yeah I am gonna have to get him go he’s promised so many times to get help and did go once but it never comes to anything he is doing other horrible drugs now that are making him violent and act so weird he didn’t even know who I was last time it frightens me so he has to go I am scared Dan , thanks for your support as always

dnanon
      Participant

Hi Jennifer, I can’t remember how old your son is, although I know it doesn’t matter. However, it does sound like he has gone much worse and I can understand how it can be unbearable. Is there another close family member he could stay with. Would it be worth giving him an ultimatum and saying either he sorts himself out or he will have to leave. We were fortunate that our son has a girlfriend who took him in. We don’t have much contact with him and I suspect he is still using but in one way it is easier as we don’t worry what state he will will be in, like we did when he was living with us. All I know is that no matter what we did our son would choose drugs so as others have said on here unless he wants to stop himself there is very little you can do. You will never stop worrying but perhaps it’s time to focus on yourself. You take care.

danman83
      Participant

Just do what you thinks best for you jenny. You can only try so many times. Have you no other kids that can talk to him?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE