Am I going mad?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      fayzey
      Participant

Hi everyone, I haven’t been on here for a while but short story is I had to kick my partner out due to him using cocaine and lying and everything that goes with it. We’re still together although I don’t think I could trust him enough to live with him again as I know he is still lying to me and hasn’t been going to groups or made any real effort to stop.

I know he has been smoking crack although I disnt think it was a regular thing but every time I see him he has burns and blisters on his lips – he says it’s from the roll ups he’s smoking – now, I used to smoke roll ups myself and don’t think this ever happened to me but I’m now doubting myself as he’s so convincing. Am I going mad or being too paranoid or is he just smoking crack regularly??

Is it possible to smoke a bit of crack then go about your day or does it always end in a binge?? I don’t know anyone I can ask as no one I know does it…..
      I feel like I’m losing hope now that things are going to change ????

bellapop
      Participant

Fayzey ☹️ Firstly.. I am so terribly sorry that we both find ourselves here AGAIN!!! I haven’t posted for a while either but it never stops does it? Same old same old! I’m devastated to read what you’re going through again. And I am also losing hope, in fact I think this time I’ve lost hope!
      I’m sorry that I can’t offer much advice on the subject, I just wanted to let you know that (unfortunately) you’re not alone.

xxxx

fayzey
      Participant

Hi bellapop! It’s lovely to hear from you! Although sorry to see you are back on here too – ugh. How’s things with you now? I’m guessing not great as you’re here too….

it’s been 5 months since mine moved out and he just seems to have settled into a new routine and isn’t fussed at all about doing anything to stop. He did to start with but it’s worn off now. He seems normal for a while then his money goes in and it all starts again. He was here over Xmas which was nice but then vanished again and the lies start again even though I know what he’s up to. He’s run out of money and now making an effort and turning up again – but with lots of burns on his lips! He’s lost 4 stone as well…. My instincts are telling me he’s just on the crack whenever he has the money to get it but I could be wrong. Annoying I’m still having to second guess things! xx

Helpisneeded
      Participant

Hi it’s first time I’ve been on here and I say the same am I going mad I feel like I’m gonna have break down half the time 13yrs been with my partner and 7yrs of knowing he was taking crack he promised it wud end I thrown him out more times then I’ve had hot dinners I was searching for him and he wud be in crack dens in flats turn phone of not see him for over a week they say they have to hit rock bottom but he lost he’s dad from COVID he’s jobs home now me and stayed away from it for 4weeks but went back last Tue all I need to try and do is let him go I’ve found the more I go on at him the more he does it so I’ll try this way just have no contact fingers crossed

fayzey
      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi helpisneeded, sorry only just seen your reply! – it’s so draining isn’t it.  I don’t know how much more I can take of the lies to be honest, he’s had so many mystery illnesses supposedly, covid twice in a few weeks according to him – and always too ill to send a text or pick up the phone – then when I don’t make a big fuss over him he’s really off with me – feel like he’s turning me into a horrible person as I’ve got no sympathy for him at all but I’m worried something will happen to him and then I’ll fee terrible.

Sorry you’re having to put up with that what a nightmare, is he living with you at the moment??- I wonder about rock bottom as well – he’s 50 and he’s almost died a couple of times and lost pretty much everything numerous times but doesn’t seem to be rock bottom for him!</p>

fayzey
      Participant

I think it’s important to look after yourself helpisneeded and make sure you’re ok and he’s not dragging you down x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE