Angel

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      angel
      Participant

Hi

I am New to this forum. I have battled with my daughter addiction for ten years. I have seen her lose her daughter to the care system, but I have always stood by her

She has dual diagnosis and for the first time ever she has recently been offered support from many agencies.I was hoping this could be the start of something. I am in contact with her support worker and have found out that my daughter has not been engaging and is off scripts and using heavily

She risks losing her flat

This weekend has been difficult because she has bèn asking me for Money .she is in a bad way and I feel guilty because I told her support worker and didn’t give in to demands for money

sae1996
      Participant

Hi Angel,

I am sorry to hear that you’re going through a tough time. Addiction is an awful illness and really hard to understand.

Does your daughter want to change? Does she realise she has an illness?

What did her Support Worker say when you let her know that she is asking for money?

angel
      Participant

The support worker advised me to step back to allow my daughter to take responsibility for her actions

I recently paid outstanding arrears for her because bailiffs were due to evict her. She looks so I’ll at the moment and I know that she must be suffering uf she isn’t on a script

sae1996
        Participant

As hard as it is the support worker is right. People will not change unless they want to themselves. 🙁 It’s so hard, and I am so sorry this is happening in your life. x

danman83
      Participant

Your in a difficult situation angel, its your daughter and you dont want to see her on the streets as she will get even worse. Theres nothing greater than the love for mother and daughter or father and son. So its hard for you. She needs to really want to quit, avoid everyone who she knows is bad. Whatever decisions you make i hope it all goes well.

angel
      Participant

My youngest daughter wrote this about her sister 9 years ago when she was 14 .sadly it is still true today. My youngest daughter worties about her sister all the time and it has affected her so much over the years

Considering I wrote this almost 9 years ago, it’s still rings so true to today. Sad how nothing’s changed….

Eyes can show everything;

But no ones there.

A vacant expression;

A cold hard glare

You’re wasting away

You’re paper thin

It’s hard to admit

But you’re letting it win

A war for love

A battle to live

It’s in your hands

There’s only so much we can give

You’re a shell of a body

You’re never there

It’s now become reality;

My worst nightmare

Look what this has done to you

Look what you’ve become

A person I love dearly

But yet I feel so numb

You’re lifeless

We’re angry

You’re almost done

But we will not quit;

Because heroin has not won

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE