Any success stories out there supporting a loved one?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      wife-carer
      Participant

Hi All.

I know we all often come here in times of desperation and needs and when things are not going well….

What I’m wanting to know is, are there any success stories from family out there?
      Has anyone supported a loved one through years and years of successful recovery?

My husband is 3 weeks post detox, this is his 4th detox in 8 years but also his 2nd detox in 4 month and he has relapsed again…

The weeks building up to the meeting st recent detox he started attended NA meetings 3x per week and reading the NA bible and worked on building a relationship hoping for a sponsor ready for post detox. 2 weeks out of detox he had a great routine.

He then found out he’s being made redundant, closing his office completely and he relapsed, he was honest and the next day got back on track. But today he has again relapsed but he has kept it from me this time but of course I can tell. We will tackle that in the morning, tonight I will keep out of his way.

This has been going on for 6 years of our relationship and 10 years of his life, is this it now? We are now in so much debt from loans for detox and the amount he was spending on drugs.

We are still young and have a life time ahead of us and I am seriously thinking about all options…..

For me to be happy do I have to leave or can he win this battle?

He says he wants a life time of recovery, he’s the one who’s arranged and paid for the detox and actively seeks help but when he is low there is nothing can be done, he slips up and has to start over….

But every good day gives me that element of hope.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE