Bf 2years problem with Cocaine, weed, alcohol,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      yasmina
      Participant

Hi everyone, I’ve never been on these kind of things but I feel I don’t know what else to do.

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 half years now, we fell in love pretty quickly, went on holiday we was good, 6months in I noticed the drinking and drugs was more regular for him. He moved in with me and we spoke about building a future and everything else. I started to get to know his family, and I guess this is where the problem is.

His mum is an ex crack user but still alcohol dependant, dad drinks, takes pills, sister smokes weed 24/7 and does cocaine.

He told me he has been through a lot his told me many story’s about his childhood.

Fast forward to now. He stole money from me for cocaine. We now live apart. He lives with his family.

Past year and abit he has promised to stop cocaine drinking & smoking.

We argued all the time because I always caught him doing it behind my back, lying and hiding it, thinking he could get away with it. It ruined trust and the relationship.

His promised me things away from drugs, his let me down on other stuff.

The past week, he says his determination is kicking in and his gonna change.

I referred him to a counselling support place. He took the call. His called the GP.

But this evening he admitted to smoking weed every night the past week.

He has been very stressed.

For a very long time now it’s like a circle. He says sorry and he will change and never happens.

I don’t know what to do ????

tottig
      Participant

Definitely not alone! I know that overwhelming lost feeling of being just stuck on where what and how all too well.

For me and only me has it took all of these past 6 years with my spouse to truly understand that I am powerless has he is the only one who can make a change.

It’s truly tuff but in all honestly all that I have learned repeatedly was I can only do what’s best for me.

There is no right or wrong to it..day by day and reaching out on here like I have is a huge and very brave step!! Shows you seek the support which is a given for us.

I wish you peace. And reach out anytime ❤️

yasmina
      Participant

Thank you. I’m just not to sure what to do. Do I stick by him and help him or do I think of myself and walk away?

He can be the most perfect man for me and I just want the best life for him he has been through so much in his life and I just don’t want his family to drag him down with them.

He says his serious I just never know.

Because his said it so much.

I can’t talk to anyone around me about this because all they do is judge and think leaving is the only option.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE