Boyfriend has a problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      xSarahx
      Participant

Will try and make this as short as i can. My boyfriend had a problem with cocaine and weed before we met. When we got together he stopped. We have been together for just over 2 years and have a child. Slowly he is turning back to drugs. He smokes week every day all day. And he has started taking cociane again. I found money he had stashed and when i confronted him he admittef he has been buying coke and using it when im upstairs on a night. I dont know what to do. I cant talk to anyone about this because obviously they will say leave!!! I get that!! Our baby is unwell. He has just been diagnosed with a rare genetic syndrome so its hard! Maybe thats his way of escaping but its selfish! Im doing everything and when im upstairs with our son he is downstairs doing that! Its not acceptable and i dont know what to do! I dont take drugs and i dont like he does it.

xSarahx
      Participant

Weed not week!!!!

natty3
      Participant

I really feel for you, this sounds so hard for you and I’m sorry you’re going through this. I wonder how it would be if you were to have a conversation with your partner about his reasons/motivations for ceasing the drug use in the first place (years ago), exploring this (in a supportive and not non-judgemental way) might refuel that same motivation to be drug-free. Maybe also explore what sort of a future you would each like to have together. Things are hard when a loved one has been diagnosed with something and he may be feeling helpless, I wonder if counselling may help (and may be cheaper than cocaine with longer lasting results). I feel you may already know this but I want to remind you about the importance of knowing/maintaining your own boundaries, and to remember to take time for your own self-care; you’re going through the same tough time as him but without the mind-escape option and maybe (just a guess) with the main person you would normally turn to for support possibly being emotionally absent. Make sure you have sources of support for you. Does he want to change his behaviours/coping strategies? I hope you can find a way of striking a balance of being supportive of him, without being an “enabler” and while making sure you look after yourself as well.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
DONATE